Uvalde families sue FedEx and UPS also

UVALDE, Texas - Families in Uvalde are pursuing additional legal action in the aftermath of the tragic school shooting, this time targeting FedEx and UPS The families allege that the companies played a role in the incident by facilitating the shipment of weapons to the shooter.

The lawsuit claims that FedEx shipped the AR-15 style rifle used by the shooter during his rampage. According to the allegations, the shooter purchased the weapon online, and FedEx delivered it to a gun store in Uvalde, where he subsequently picked it up.

Additionally, the suit accuses UPS of aiding in the illegal sale and delivery of the trigger system that the shooter utilized. The families assert that FedEx failed to verify the buyer's age before shipping the weapon and that UPS neglected to screen the package prior to shipment.

Due to these oversights, the families are seeking damages from both companies.
WTF.. they are just going after anyone with money. And it's a way to make FedEx and UPS not ship any guns or gun related things.
How the fu*k is FedEx, just the shipper, going to verify they age of the person ordering the gun? It's not there job. That why the gun store does a background check and verifys that info. It's not UPS job to check each package as to what it is and to judge if its ok for a particular person to own, for a legally sold product that has no restrictions on it. I hope this suit gets thrown out like it should. Link to article

They just suing everybody.
Yeah thos is like the RI nightclub fire. Sue everybody, get paid.
I think they sued every company that had their name on any poster, sign, coaster, straw wrapper.
Claimed by advertising, they were therefore promoting the event.

When people start using the deaths of their children as a "money grab" from anyone other than the person who was directly responsible and actually caused their death.......MY SYMPATHY EVAPORATES COMPLETELY.

Sadly in a wrongful death case like this anyone with deep pockets and / or millions in insurance gets sued regardless of their culpability.
Suing the shooter's family will get the plaintiffs little to nothing since there are probably no assets to attach,
Suing the city and the PD will be an uphill battle due to laws limiting damages.

Sadly in a wrongful death case like this anyone with deep pockets and / or millions in insurance gets sued regardless of their culpability.
Suing the shooter's family will get the plaintiffs little to nothing since there are probably no assets to attach,
Suing the city and the PD will be an uphill battle due to laws limiting damages.
And just because it is done, doesn't make it any more acceptable or right in any form or fashion. It should not be accepted by anyone.

What this lawsuit will do is force the insurance companies of those shipping companies to tell them "No more shipping of firearms related goods, or you won't be insured"
This is how the long game is played.
That's called "Restraint of trade".

Restraint of trade is a type of economic injury that involves meddling with someone else's ability to conduct business freely. It is any activity that limits sales, trade, and transportation of interstate commerce or otherwise severely affects interstate commerce.

"The lawsuit claims that FedEx shipped the AR-15 style rifle used by the shooter during his rampage. According to the allegations, the shooter purchased the weapon online, and FedEx delivered it to a gun store in Uvalde, where he subsequently picked it up."

This is enough to drop FedEx from the suit. FedEx delivered to an FLL, not the shooter. At that point in time the burden of verifying the credentials of the shooter shifted from FedEx to the FFL. Any competent Judge should have not allow this one to move forward.

"The lawsuit claims that FedEx shipped the AR-15 style rifle used by the shooter during his rampage. According to the allegations, the shooter purchased the weapon online, and FedEx delivered it to a gun store in Uvalde, where he subsequently picked it up."

This is enough to drop FedEx from the suit. FedEx delivered to an FLL, not the shooter. At that point in time the burden of verifying the credentials of the shooter shifted from FedEx to the FFL. Any competent Judge should have not allow this one to move forward.
I haven't looked it up.....yet.......but would bet dollars to donuts that the judge is an anti gun, democrat, activist judge who isn't fit to shine my or anyone else's shoes, let alone presiding over legal issues between other people.

"The families assert that FedEx failed to verify the buyer's age before shipping the weapon and that UPS neglected to screen the package prior to shipment.
Due to these oversights, the families are seeking damages from both companies."
As a result, they're suing both the companies for damages.
********************************************************************************************************************
A common carrier's only responsibility is to get the freight they are hired to legally transport from one point to another.
They are not responsible in even the slightest way what that freight is used for.
If freight haulers were to be held responsible for the use of every piece and type of freight they hauled, the transportation business would fold.
If this type of bullshit case is allowed to proceed, transportation of all types of goods in this country will stop in a week.

It's Absolute BULLSHIT. The judge, if he had a brain and a spine should have said, NO and if you persist you will face contempt charges.

Last edited:
WTF.. they are just going after anyone with money. And it's a way to make FedEx and UPS not ship any guns or gun related things.
How the fu*k is FedEx, just the shipper, going to verify they age of the person ordering the gun? It's not there job. That why the gun store does a background check and verifys that info. It's not UPS job to check each package as to what it is and to judge if its ok for a particular person to own, for a legally sold product that has no restrictions on it. I hope this suit gets thrown out like it should. Link to article
They need to get the maintenance records for the Fedex trucks. If a service place repaired the truck, they share the liabillity because but for the repair, the delivery truck would not have been on the road.

It's a gun control scheme. They want to make FedEx and UPS scared to ship anything Firearms or firearm related. That in turn impacts the entire supply chain, consequently making it more difficult to obtain firearms. That's the idea. No sane person would look at this and conclude that FedEx or UPS were either negligent or deliberate in facilitating that mass shooting. The laws around Firearms shipping are very strict, and FedEx and UPS adhere to them strictly. FedEx shipped the rifle to a dealer. FedEx has no responsibility, and in fact no ability to vet the purchasers of said rifles. That's the dealer's initial responsibility, and frankly the responsibility of the federal government during the background check process.

They can't sue the gun companies so they're going to sue whoever they can to try to advance the cause of gun control. That's all this is.

They need to get the maintenance records for the Fedex trucks. If a service place repaired the truck, they share the liabillity because but for the repair, the delivery truck would not have been on the road.
And don't forget to sue the driver. Oh and his parents for giving birth to him.

When judges start requiring plaintiffs in these frivolous lawsuits to start paying the defendant’s costs, this bull$#!t will stop.

Not holding my breath.
I’m gonna have to look it up when the people in Colorado sued the they lost they were on the hook for a fortune and the gun control group that pressured him into doing it just left them holding the bag was that aurora? I don’t remember which one

The good news is all the empty storefronts will be replaced with retail outlets tied directly to manufacturers and likely have their own delivery trucks like Amazon has, thus making it even easier for people to own guns.

What I wanna know is did they ever pay or is it still in court?

There’s no answer they should have to pay to set the precident you f*** around you find out

Yup. They are going full Sol Rosenberg. What’s next? Sue the doctor who delivered the shooter as a baby?

I don't think these people are that retarded, its likely the government bribing them for the news headline.

And it's a way to make FedEx and UPS not ship any guns or gun related things.
images

Dead children are the liberals favorite source of traction to push forward their agenda. Suing FedEx and UPS has ZERO to do with justice.

It will be pretty impressive if they will win
Sure, if you call extortion impressive.

What's next, suing stores or their delivery companies for selling sugar, bread, pastas, ice cream, or unhealthy snack foods because some people are diabetic and can't control their eating habits and die?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom