• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VA and NICS

allen-1

NES Member
I've had some conversations with my son about the balancing act between giving your doctors enough information to help you and not giving them enough information to fck up your life. In my case, I watch what I say to my PCP and I check his case notes - in his case it's the VA. He doesn't trust them at all to act in his best interest. I can't say I blame him.

More than 140 House Democrats are demanding that the ability to bar veterans from gun purchases/ownership under certain circumstances be added back to the Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act.

For decades, the VA has been reporting veterans to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) for mental issues, and such issues include using a fiduciary to manage one’s VA benefits. But this year, the Clinton-era gun ban was rolled back in the Senate by an amendment put forward by Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA).

Following the adoption of his amendment, Kennedy said, “Unelected bureaucrats shouldn’t be able to strip veterans of their Second Amendment rights unilaterally. The Senate did the right thing for veterans and all freedom-loving Americans by passing my amendment today.”

Democrats in the House are crying foul and demanding the gun ban be added back into the appropriations bill

Back
Top Bottom