Vermont Highpower State championship Memorial Day weekend

PatMcD

NES Member
To all competitors who have never shot up at the Ethan Allen range in Vermont, you really need to go to this match. 80-rd regional match course on saturday with a mid-range prone match on Sunday. They lost their EIC match for Monday [crying]. Guys who have shot this match before will agree that it is one of the funnest weekends you'll have all summer, especially if you stay on base in the barracks. Easily the prettiest range I've ever seen. Vermont is beautiful in the Spring.
Details are here: http://www.vsrpa.org/

So, who's in?

Hi Pat,

I'm trying to rally the troops in my area to attend but between the loss of the LEG match and the mandatory black steel helmets in the pits some are saying they do not plan to go this year. I have emailed Steve L to see if the head pots will be mandatory again this year or not.

That's f-ing ridiculous.

You think that is bad. At Camp Smith in NY they have to rod every rifle off the line.

That means they make every rifle get a cleaning rod or dowel down the bore to prove that there are no obstructions and no chambered ammo. They do that to Privates in Basic Training.

B

If it takes wearing a pot to shoot that weekend, then that's what I'll do. It's a military range: abide by their rules or don't shoot there. I'll have fun with it and take pictures of everybody and post them here.

dont think i'm gonna make that one. between Perry (and hopefully Forbes out in NY), i cant afford the travel for a (at least) 3 day weekend. ethan allen is like a 6 hour drive for me.

dont think i'm gonna make that one. between Perry (and hopefully Forbes out in NY), i cant afford the travel for a (at least) 3 day weekend. ethan allen is like a 6 hour drive for me.

You going to shoot the over the course matches or the Long Range? Didn't you just build a tube gun?

B

forbes: LR. forget which weekend, but its the 3x600 / 3x1000

yes, i did build the tubegun, and even with .223, the wind seems to be pretty forgiving out here. i think an 80SMK @ 2900+fps will make it to 1k without going transonic.

currently, however, i have (no) clue how to shoot with the damned aperatures. its the same with rimfire or centerfire. i can clean an A17 prone with my CLE .22 upper, and shot a 197x13 @ 600 with the service gun. so far, best is a 187 or so with the spacegun. too many corner shots. it's a sight alignment issue....i just cant get used to aperatures. its depressing really, calling a center X, and getting a wide 8 out @ 10oclock. cant blame the gun, and certainly cant blame the sights (Warner #2 LR w/ Gehmann 510, and a RightSight).

You are going to be right on the edge. I'd get some 82 Bergers or 80 VLDs.

Are you sure it's not the ammo or the gun? Have you had a scope on it to check?

B

You are going to be right on the edge. I'd get some 82 Bergers or 80 VLDs.

Are you sure it's not the ammo or the gun? Have you had a scope on it to check?

B

never tried anything but 80SMKs. they just always shot well (and shoot well out of other WOA match uppers).

scope? no idea. dont even own a piece of glass aside from my kowa.

I'd like to join you also, but I have not even held my rifle this year. This weekend at CCR&P is the first time I am going to squeeze a trigger since last fall. I do plan on doing it next year, so post up some pic so I know what I am in for. Hope to see you this weekend.

DS

I'd like to join you also, but I have not even held my rifle this year. This weekend at CCR&P is the first time I am going to squeeze a trigger since last fall. I do plan on doing it next year, so post up some pic so I know what I am in for. Hope to see you this weekend.

DS

You will see me on Saturday.

I'm sending in my Bolton paperwork this week to shoot the 80 championship on Saturday 5/28
and the 3x600's on Sunday 3/29.

The only others I know of that are going from down this way so far is Dave L. and Chris M.

Hopefully more of you change your mind and attend!

Plenty of warm up trigger time to be had this weekend to prep for Bolton....
http://www.readinghighpower.com/ has a 50 round NRA Approved full course this Saturday and
http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/nfga_2011_schedule.pdf has an NRA Approved 80 Rd this Sunday.

Winter is over boys n girls... time to shoot!

Back
Top Bottom