Vic Mackie's gun?

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Anyone know what pistol Vic Mackie carries in The Shield? It looks to me to be some kind of 1911, but I'm not sure what type. I know next to nothing about 1911s, so I'm sure quite a few of you could identify it easily.

Thanks!

I agree its a S&W but could not tell what model... eddie may be spot on.. Funny question as that was asked by a good buddy of mine just last week.

Lem (RIP) used to carry a shotty... YEAH! :)

I'm glad it actually has a hammer too so that when he puts it to people's heads and cocks it it isn't impossible. Unlike when Denzel "cocks" his GLOCK in Man on Fire.
vic_mackey.jpg

vicsgun4kc.jpg

Looks like a match to me... S&W 4506 below...
S_W4506.jpg

Last edited:
4506?

Anyone have one or have any experience with one? Thats a pretty classy clean line looking 1911 style pistol. Crap there's another on the list! [smile] oh well its kinda like tattoos or pringles cant ever have just one? [laugh]

I own a 4506, 1006, and a 4516-1. Great pistols excellent triggers and sights (Novaks on my guns) for stock guns and excellent reliability. The only complaint I have is that the S&W design places the barrel higher than the 1911 and the result is a little more muzzle flip. I competed for one season with the 4516-1 in local IPSC matches and did pretty well. IMHO S&W makes one of the best out of the box shooters around.

I own a 4506, 1006, and a 4516-1. Great pistols excellent triggers and sights (Novaks on my guns) for stock guns and excellent reliability. The only complaint I have is that the S&W design places the barrel higher than the 1911 and the result is a little more muzzle flip.

The 4506 is also thicker than a 1911, and surprisingly bulky and heavy to carry. However, it is very accurate and my favorite .45 to shoot. It's also the least picky .45 I've ever had.

When I was learning to reload, the 4506 gladly digested all of the crap that I made back when I thought that C.O.A.L. was something you got in your stocking when you were B.A.D.

I owned one for awhile - it was a police issue sale. The Columbus PD carried them for several years. The one I got was crap and sold to someone else. :)

CPD carries the new MP, I think in 45 still.

does SW still make these?

eddiecoyle i think i need to shoot yours and pick your brain about it on saturday...they are definately cool looking...i want 2...just like denzel

The 4506 is also thicker than a 1911, and surprisingly bulky and heavy to carry. However, it is very accurate and my favorite .45 to shoot. It's also the least picky .45 I've ever had.

When I was learning to reload, the 4506 gladly digested all of the crap that I made back when I thought that C.O.A.L. was something you got in your stocking when you were B.A.D.

At 1.100 in the 4506 is actually thinner than the 1911 (1.250). The 4506 frame is longer front to rear than the 1911 (2.078 vs 1.950). The Smith I measured had stock plastic grips; after market grips would make it considerably thicker. I found the 4506 to be extremely reliably and accurate for a stock gun. The funny thing is that the short barreled guns I own (6906 and 4516) are much more accurate than their longer barreled brothers.

Back
Top Bottom