• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VIDEO: All-Female SWAT Team Fails Basic Obstacle Course

"And the first one to get wet. . . . " I get that announcer saying that often when I walk into a room full of women.

AJ only showed ONE ob-stackul???? C'mon. I wanna see how they do overall.

Lastly - I bet that water was. . . . . Chile.

Why are the women allowed to show their hair in Dubai? Where are the coverings?

Absolutely Haram.

-This is a complicated obstacle, how/why would we consider this a "basic" obstacle course when it objectively and obviously isn't?

-Why would a police force even bother training for such an obstacle as part of normal work duties? Who the f*** is rappelling across lines into shit? What's the point of it? To display people know how to use momentum to get across it? Who gives a shit?

-They showed an impressive amount of grip strength for females. The bottom 10% of men have stronger hands than the top 10% of females. This females display considerable grip strength for their body type. This is a good thing and it's worth pointing out.

There are definitely a lot of women that can't physically do as well as men, but I actually know women on SWAT/SRT teams that have to do the same tests as men to be there.

Dave

I would think the standards are too low than. That said, many physical standards are too high also. It's a very big "it depends."

I remember reading about Denmark's Frogman program and their PT entry requirements. I just laughed. They were insane. Completely ridiculous standards that would in reality provide minimal gain over traditional PT requirements.

On the other side of that coin we have what the US Army has been trying to do for about a decade, which is make a system that both males and females have to use while simultaneously ensuring X% of females are able to pass the line MOS standards. Which is sorta a trainwreck. Any male should be able to pass it with minimal/no preparation. That's bad.

Last edited:
Wait. You mean SWAT doesn't regularly zipline over ob-stackulz like they're on Wipeout???? I'm totally bagging my application now. Damn. Fun obstacles and shooting people. What was there NOT to love?

-This is a complicated obstacle, how/why would we consider this a "basic" obstacle course when it objectively and obviously isn't?

-Why would a police force even bother training for such an obstacle as part of normal work duties? Who the f*** is rappelling across lines into shit? What's the point of it?
it’s just a competition between different teams, it’s not training for work related stuffs, it’s like field day or mandatory fun day in the service is all.

it’s just a competition between different teams, it’s not training for work related stuffs, it’s like field day or mandatory fun day in the service is all.
I get that. But it's a dumb obstacle regardless.

Does this mean you’ll be selling off your grapnel launcher?

Yes. But I'm keeping my concussion grenades.

Did you know that there was a MAJOR difference between allied pineapple grenades and German tater-masher grenades in WWII???? I don't know how I never knew this.

Pinepples, as we all know, are shrapnel grenades. Fling bits of iron in all sorts of directions. Tater-mashers are concussion grenades. Not shrapnel grenades.

Makes me go and watch all sorts of WWII movies again - maybe Audie Murphy COULD have gotten out of that pillbox after that grenade went off or whatever. (Not real Audie - actor-Audie)

Did you know that there was a MAJOR difference between allied pineapple grenades and German tater-masher grenades in WWII???? I don't know how I never knew this.

Pinepples, as we all know, are shrapnel grenades. Fling bits of iron in all sorts of directions. Tater-mashers are concussion grenades. Not shrapnel grenades.

Makes me go and watch all sorts of WWII movies again - maybe Audie Murphy COULD have gotten out of that pillbox after that grenade went off or whatever. (Not real Audie - actor-Audie)
You know what you see in Audie Murphy's "To Hell and Back"? US grenades smoking before they explode after the timer fuse is fired. Every movie I've ever seen other than that one omits that detail. Not saying no other movies have it, I just haven't seen one that does.

I’m basically a f***ing cripple and I could’ve done the zip line… doesn’t involve legs…
Here hold my beer I got this

Read the second paragraph:

Back
Top Bottom