Vincent Hanna’s “Heat” Colt 1991A1 pistol for sale

I always think of the FAL because of this shot

HeatFNFAL-2.jpg

I was probably too young when I saw this movie and that scene always stuck with me.

As for a $100k 1911, NFW you'd have to be retarded.

Gee, it seems like hockey goalies are involved in a lot of violent crime. I wonder if they snap from being targeted on the ice so much.

I swear he carriers two different versions in this movie. Compact for most scenes. Regular officer's model for others. Just look here. Clearly compact on top, but slightly longer slide officer's on the bottom.

Being the pedantic ass that I am, I took it into Photoshop and did a little scaling test (ie. just eyeballing it). Using the bottom of the ejection port as a constant to measure the rest of the slide to the muzzle, the top is closer to 2.5 ejection ports max, and the bottom is well over 3 ejection ports.

800px-HeatColtOfficersACP-1.jpg

800px-HeatColtCommander-2.jpg

Movie with great directing and a great premise. Gun scenes were really good. But the gay relationship between DeNiro and Pacino was just annoying. DeNiro did a good job. Pacino was just a d-bag through his character the entire time. I'm betting it wasn't written that way, he just made him more of an a-hole overall.

Funny thing about Heat - I don't remember it in the movie theaters at all. Not one bit. 1995. That was before my kids were born. I was already in my house. Why didn't I even know about that movie until it came on cable???? I'll never understand that.

checked IMDB. US release was $68M. Probably why I don't recall it in the theaters. It didn't do so hot. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't blockbuster.

All in all, it's a decent flick, but I'm not a fan. Give me Collateral over it every time.

So buying Vincent's gun??? Nah. I'll spend my $ on a FN-FNC instead. (Not really. But a better buy.)

Back
Top Bottom