Virgina Tech on lockdown. Possible shots fired.

What part of gun laws only affect the law-abiding is hard to get?

Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself; sometimes it screams out WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?!?!?! and lets fly with a club.
Moonbats are the majority. They care about scripted drama, everyone else's business, and being the center of the universe.

Setting the "gun free " zone issue aside. My condolences to the family of the officer and the student that were shot. Just awful.
News says the officer was shot performing a traffic stop, seems like it was probably a campus drug dealer. Just a guess though.

From a friends FB:

JM: I think VA tech needs to start conducting psych evaluations before enrolling anymore students.... prayers go out to VA tech and the families involved

LM: Or that guns should be illegal so that this kind of thing stops happening all of the time in the U.S. Notice that it doesn't happen in countries with better gun control. Just my opinion..

JM: i agree 100%

LM: Thanks. Prayers are good, but they aren't enough. We need better laws to prevent school from being dangerous. I don't want to get shot going to school or anywhere else for that matter.

JM: i hear ya.. unfortunately i think our country is a long ways away from that, but hopefully we will see major improvement some day in the near future

LM:Because lobbies like the NRA wield so much power over the U.S. government, which frames it as an issue of freedom, when really, being safe is the biggest freedom we can acquire.

JM: no argument there... its a major flaw in the system to say the least

LM:thanks :)

CS: Lol thats so true

[puke]

Gave a list of places its almost impossible to own a gun yet it happened. Also mentioned the chinese school killings. Those were NOT with guns. lets see what they have to say. Added a couple other points to counter their position. Apparently they have nothing to say.

Last edited:
From a friends FB:

[puke]

Gave a list of places its almost impossible to own a gun yet it happened. Also mentioned the chinese school killings. Those were NOT with guns. lets see what they have to say. Added a couple other points to counter their position. Apparently they have nothing to say.

You need new friends.

LM:Because lobbies like the NRA wield so much power over the U.S. government, which frames it as an issue of freedom, when really, being safe is the biggest freedom we can acquire.
omg.
[rofl2][rofl2][rofl2]

Actually... its not that funny [sad2]

JM: You don't have to call anyone to have a background check in this country to get a gun, who you kidding? If you actually believe that, your nuts.... Majority of the guns on the streets are owned illegally.

ARV (me): Ok so your saying the time the dealer spent on the phone last week with the FBI calling in a background check on me was all in my head? And let me ask you this, if they are owned ILLEGALLY, aka they are already breaking the law by buying and owning the gun...how would yet one more law solve that? Make it super double illegal?
[rolleyes]

Im thinking of offering to send him the gun law CD that the ATF sent me with my C&R so he can do a little light reading of the minimal gun laws in this country.

Last edited:

As police hunted for the killer, the school applied the lessons learned nearly five years ago, warning students and faculty members via email and text message to stay indoors. It was the first gunfire on campus since 33 people were killed in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

I wonder what lessons they will learn from this one? Issue white flags to all students?

I wonder what lessons they will learn from this one? Issue white flags to all students?

Keep a supply of white sheets next to the fire extinguishers.

We have come full circle

JM: Not saying that at all, assumed you would know I was not referring to people who are legally licensed to have guns, yes those people have to go through a background check, but are you telling me it's all in my head that people on the streets cant easily get guns handed to them, no questions asked? Happens everyday.... And no it wouldn't be called super double illegal, but I do believe he would have two counts against him in court..,, buying and carrying a gun illegally and the murder itself

Me: VT does not require a license for anyone (from any state) to carry a gun at age 16. I dont see everyone shooting it out. But we have some full circle. You want to legislate guns to make them harder to get, but the people getting them "handed to them on the street no questions asked" ( I assume we're referring to felons and other people prohibited by federal law, not someone who can legally have a gun) are already getting them illegally. Who would be affected by the new law(s)? Would it be Me? or the gang member that feels like killing his rival? I follow the law, they dont. It only affects the people that are inclined to follow the law to begin with. If you are not inclined to follow the law, then any law, old or new...are just words on a sheet of paper.

Last edited:
Keep a supply of white sheets next to the fire extinguishers.

We have come full circle

They aren't going to realize it till they get their way.. then when nikyba and dwom come crashing in shooting the place up they get on 9-1-1
911: hello 911 what's your emergency?
scared bitch: help help someone has a GUN! he's shooting people
911: this is happening everywhere, we don't have enough help sorry go hide.
scared bitch: .... ****.
scared bitch: **** i wish i had a ****ing gun... ****

They aren't going to realize it till they get their way.. then when nikyba and dwom come crashing in shooting the place up they get on 9-1-1
911: hello 911 what's your emergency?
scared bitch: help help someone has a GUN! he's shooting people
911: this is happening everywhere, we don't have enough help sorry go hide.
scared bitch: .... ****.
scared bitch: **** i wish i had a ****ing gun... ****

Hes getting it a little bit. At least my points are now considered valid. I'm gonna offer to take him shooting sometime and leave it at that. The woman stopped talking, must have decided I'm a right wing gun nut and she didn't want to talk to me or something[laugh]

Help protect NH college campuses

If you want to get involved in a meaningful way. Please see New Hampshire HB334. There is a bill in to address the current abuse by UNH and community colleges where they are clearly disregarding the current Statutes. This bill needs to pass. Their abuse of the law can be corrected this year. contact your state reps and let them know how you feel. We do not want another VA tech type shooting to happen on a campus, especially in our back yard. This is the time to make that positive change for NH.

Current law: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XII/159/159-26.htm
email for all of the House Reps: [email protected]
Text for bill:http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2011/HB0334.html Important changes are the words "general court" not "State of NH" the bill requires that statutes be put in place to regulate firearms and that burden is too high for any legislation to reach.

email list for all local papers: http://www.cnht.org/papers_text.php

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Regards,
design

A couple things,

When writing about Viginia Tech (VT) it is probably best to not speck of Vermont (VT) with the two letter postal code -- if you want to be understood.

Not much to learn from this it seems. A "no guns" policy didn't keep a person with evil intent onto campus with a gun. Then the victim, a policeman, I assume was armed? Could Virginia Tech be so dumb to have un-armed cops? The killer then killed himself. Locking down the whole campus for hours, therefore, was an over-reaction. The over-reaction was forced by the events of 4 years ago where they were criticized for (understandable) under-reaction.

Does anyone know whether a person would be allowed to leave campus when they have a lockdown? Is everyone assumed to be held without their will when these things happen?

-jcr

I'm sorry for the Officer and his Family. There is nothing I can do to alleviate their predicament, but I feel for them. My thoughts are with his family.

But the rest is Full Retard.

It was a traffic stop right? Nothing to do with the campus?

When writing about Viginia Tech (VT) it is probably best to not speck of Vermont (VT) with the two letter postal code -- if you want to be understood.
The TLA for Virginia Tech isn't VT, it's VPI: the school's official name is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.

Blitz1:2140334 said:
It was a traffic stop right? Nothing to do with the campus?

The VT campus is very large and not like the urban campuses you see in the Boston area. It bleeds into the local town at points, but it is more distinct than an urban campus. The deceased officer was a campus cop. The shooter may not have been affiliated with VT but whatever he did to attract the cop's attention apparently happened on campus.

KBCraig:2140375 said:
The TLA for Virginia Tech isn't VT, it's VPI: the school's official name is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.

While I agree that in a New England-centric forum calling the school VT may cause confusion, that is what it is commonly referred to in casual writing. "VT" is in fact the basis for the school's most common logo which is a stylized interconnected VT. While a Hokie would know that VPI referred to VT, I never see that abbreviation outside of very dated songs/communications. VT and VPI&SU are in regular use, VPI not so much in my experience.

I 'll keep calling my alma mater VT in written correspondence thank you very much. Provincial Yankees can learn to use context clues just like all those silly Georgians who think I could be referring to one of their schools when I say "I went to Tech." :p (And yes, that is how you speak of VT when you are in Virginia or are a Hokie who has forgotten you are outside the Old Dominion for a moment.)

gun-free-zone fail

impossible, I think the real problem is that the gun free one was not big enough. [thinking]

One of my professors was talking about how the first shooting would have never happened if guns werent legal. I will see what he has to say about this one.

impossible, I think the real problem is that the gun free one was not big enough. [thinking]

One of my professors was talking about how the first shooting would have never happened if guns werent legal. I will see what he has to say about this one.

So the war on drugs doesn't exist since drugs are illegal? Drugs must not exist in our country.

A couple things,

I guarantee you that most of the country looks at VT and sees Virginia Tech, not Vermont. Including myself.

Not much to learn from this it seems. A "no guns" policy didn't keep a person with evil intent onto campus with a gun. Then the victim, a policeman, I assume was armed? Could Virginia Tech be so dumb to have un-armed cops? The killer then killed himself. Locking down the whole campus for hours, therefore, was an over-reaction. The over-reaction was forced by the events of 4 years ago where they were criticized for (understandable) under-reaction.

VT Police are fully equipped and trained.

Does anyone know whether a person would be allowed to leave campus when they have a lockdown? Is everyone assumed to be held without their will when these things happen?

-jcr

No, people were leaving campus and going home or going to safe places off campus as they heard about this.

ME: What would you tell to the 100lb woman that is faced with a 250lb rapist. Kick and scream until the police stop the attack, or pull your gun and shoot him?

Honest questions, do you see guns as useful for anything other than killing? have you ever shot one?

JM: I'd tell her to carry mace, a knife, a night stick, any of those..... And no I dont see don't see guns as being useful for anything but killing, never shot one but plan on it considering I'm applying to be a police officer haha
Oh Dear God.

Me: Guns are used for sports, hunting, etc. mace doesnt work on everyone. legally a knife is just as deadly as a gun, it also means she has to be too close to the person. If a 100 lb woman hit a big guy with a knight stick, hed laugh. if it was your g/f wouldnt you want her to have the best possible chance? i dont have the link now, but ill put it up tomorrow of the pregnant woman that drove off two guys that ignored her two dogs (pitbull and lab) and still broke in. she got her gun and they ran. criminals often run, there are easier targets. i hope you realize that most anywhere you become a LEO, your likely to encounter civilians with legal guns, and by law they will have every right to have them. ill make ya an offer, ill take you to the range and you can shoot. a range by you if i c (or you) an find one, my range, or S&W in springfield if you prefer. offer will be open if you want it. there are more to guns than killing people.

JM: Tony, I can go back and forth with u on this forever, but I really dont want to feel like I'm back in petrarcas debate class lol, let's agree to disagree and call it a day haha

Me: Fine. i just hope you keep some of this in mind in your career as a cop, and remember that not everyone with a gun is out to kill someone.

Well, I hope our paths never cross, because I WILL be carrying....and I'd rather not get shot by Daniel Harless Jr.

Back
Top Bottom