Virgina Tech on lockdown. Possible shots fired.

I guarantee you that most of the country looks at VT and sees Virginia Tech, not Vermont. Including myself.

VT Police are fully equipped and trained.

No, people were leaving campus and going home or going to safe places off campus as they heard about this.

Funny I see Vermont lol

V Tech situation resolved

I know three people down at Virginia Tech: two professors and one librarian. Everything as of yesterday afternoon was resolved, and no one hurt other than those already reported. Tragic.

One of my professors was talking about how the first shooting would have never happened if guns werent legal. I will see what he has to say about this one.

He'll say "Baaa baa baaa baaaa baa baa". Seriously, it doesn't fit his pre-conceived notions so he will temporize, hem and haw and do ANYTHING to avoid admitting that he could be wrong.

It's funny that this happened at the exact same time as the live on TV hearing for Fast and Furious.

Another "plot by the government" to divert attention?

It's just an isolated coincidence. Just like someone taking a shot at the White House. You need to trust our Dear Leaders more.

one of the 2 dead is the cop killer

So I didn't notice this mentioned yet.....
http://m.nbc29.com/default.aspx?pid=2771&wnfeedurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nbc29.com%2fstory%2f16227548%2fgunman-in-vt-shooting-confirmed-as-2nd-person-found-dead%3fclienttype%3drssstory

(Putting tin foil hat on)
Im sure the sheriff noticed the scumbag running, got out of the car and put a bullet in his head. Call it a suicide and tell the coroner if he wants to keep his job, it will look like a suicide. Forensic analysts will be on vacation.

This is one situation that id be glad if the cops decided to be shady and do a cover up.

Here is hoping that ahole didn't get the chance to decide to take his own life and the sheriff that found him took it from him.

Last edited:
The police really go over board in these situations. Earlier I saw 10 cops standing around with M4's and a G-36 wearing full Level 4 body armor. And now I just saw an armored truck drive down the road.

I mean it's 1 guy with a pistol, not the Michigan Militia.[hmmm]
Seeing one guy with a pistol offed 32 people at the same place four years ago, I think that response is proper. Second, your point assumes the police were 100% sure it was only one shooter and not a coordinated effort that hadn't yet been reported.

Criticism and the debate of the use of SWAT team on no-knock warrants has its place, but I see no issue with it here.

A couple things,

When writing about Viginia Tech (VT) it is probably best to not speck of Vermont (VT) with the two letter postal code -- if you want to be understood.

con·text [kon-tekst] noun 1. the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect. 2. the set of circumstances or facts that surround a particular event, situation, etc.

Christ, the title of the thread is "Virgina Tech on lockdown..." Reading the thread, the Green Mountain state nave came to mind.

The shooter may not have been affiliated with VT but whatever he did to attract the cop's attention apparently happened on campus.
The reports were that the driver of stopped vehicle and the shooter were two different people--the officer was abushed after making the stop by the shooter who was on foot. All reports seem to suggest the officer never saw it coming, as he wasn't even able to return fire.

That's the shit that scares the crap out of me. You can have your head on a swivel all you want, but if someone really wants to plug you, they stand a good chance of pulling it off.

When all is said and done, I have a feeling what should be seen as failure of the mental health system will be again blamed on a lack of gun regulation.

Can you get a better link and explain what you were trying to say?
That the shooter didn't commit suicide--instead, he was capped by another cop without justification. At least, that's how I understood it.

Thanks, it took a few minutes to figure it out but to what purpose would a LEO kill the perp and then call it a suicide, occam's razor and all that. The perp had a hard on for this LEO or LEO's in general and when he couldn't get away he did himself in seems to happen frequently enough. I also wouldn't think there would be an issue with a 2nd LEO capping the perp, yes there is the innocent until proven guilty but I think the LEO would say he shot him because he had no other choice that to claim it was a suicide.

OfficerObie59:2141055 said:
The shooter may not have been affiliated with VT but whatever he did to attract the cop's attention apparently happened on campus.
The reports were that the driver of stopped vehicle and the shooter were two different people--the officer was abushed after making the stop by the shooter who was on foot. All reports seem to suggest the officer never saw it coming, as he wasn't even able to return fire.

That's the shit that scares the crap out of me. You can have your head on a swivel all you want, but if someone really wants to plug you, they stand a good chance of pulling it off..

I stand corrected. That twist in the story was not up on the news site I read this morning.

That said, the point of my statement stands. The location of the shooting was still well within the campus. If the murderer did set out to ambush a cop, he chose to target a VT officer. You would NOT expect to see the local police or the state troopers in that area unless there was a home game.

The nature of the location is such that this wasn't something that just happened to go down on VT's front door..the way things happen on the street in front of, say, Harvard. This is inside the campus.

So I didn't notice this mentioned yet.....
http://m.nbc29.com/default.aspx?pid=2771&wnfeedurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nbc29.com%2fstory%2f16227548%2fgunman-in-vt-shooting-confirmed-as-2nd-person-found-dead%3fclienttype%3drssstory

(Putting tin foil hat on)
Im sure the sheriff noticed the scumbag running, got out of the car and put a bullet in his head. Call it a suicide and tell the coroner if he wants to keep his job, it will look like a suicide. Forensic analysts will be on vacation.

This is one situation that id be glad if the cops decided to be shady and do a cover up.

Here is hoping that ahole didn't get the chance to decide to take his own life and the sheriff that found him took it from him.

About a half hour later, a Montgomery County sheriff noticed a man acting strangely near the "I" parking lot. That is where the sheriff found the gunman dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. Investigators say dashcam video – that will not be released – captured the gunman's identity and was instrumental in identifying him.

If only the dashcam can ID the guy, does that mean he blew his face off? No big loss, if that's the case. Hell, no big loss if the entire squad came down on him and riddled his body and added 15lbs of lead into him.

ME: What would you tell to the 100lb woman that is faced with a 250lb rapist. Kick and scream until the police stop the attack, or pull your gun and shoot him?

Honest questions, do you see guns as useful for anything other than killing? have you ever shot one?

JM: I'd tell her to carry mace, a knife, a night stick, any of those..... And no I dont see don't see guns as being useful for anything but killing, never shot one but plan on it considering I'm applying to be a police officer haha

I would have replied:

"So you justify using a knife to stab an attacker to death or using a baton/baseball bat to bash their brains in but defending yourself with a firearm is archaic and crude?

You stated you believe a gun is only useful to kill people, correct? Well, isn't a police baton specifically made to apply brutal, blunt trauma on someone and potentially kill them (as happened numerous times in the past)? It has no other purpose but to hurt and break someone, but you go ahead and justify its use to defend oneself with but want to deny one's right to defend themselves with a firearm, which has many more non-aggressive uses than a police baton.

Maybe just telling the rapist to just leave you alone because you said so is the best option because we all know criminals listen to reason and go along according to the laws?

When the LEO respond to your 911 call, what are they carrying on their sides? Along with their "non" lethal options?

What works for LEO certainly works for my civilian ass."

con·text [kon-tekst] noun 1. the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect. 2. the set of circumstances or facts that surround a particular event, situation, etc.

Christ, the title of the thread is "Virgina Tech on lockdown..." Reading the thread, the Green Mountain state nave came to mind.
Hey, thanks for the condescending vocabulary lesson.

Now, scroll back to reply "#44" on this thread. Read the first sentence in the last box. Pause, and then put it in context.

I think it would have been clearer to not make that abbreviation there. I think it would be friendlier for the readers. And I thought that later posters would have noticed the ambiguity.

I apologize for upsetting you so much that you felt the need for a trip to a dictionary.

--jcr

RICHMOND, Va.—The man who fatally ambushed a Virginia Tech police officer had legally purchased the handgun used in the shooting, Virginia State Police said Tuesday.

Not good!

RICHMOND, Va.—The man who fatally ambushed a Virginia Tech police officer had legally purchased the handgun used in the shooting, Virginia State Police said Tuesday.

Not good!

Why?

The liberals/brady bunch will blame it on the gun anyways. Doesn't make a difference for them if it was bought legal, illegal or stolen.

Why?

The liberals/brady bunch will blame it on the gun anyways. Doesn't make a difference for them if it was bought legal, illegal or stolen.
We need to send the message that it doesn't matter, we still will not tolerate their attempt to violate our rights.

We need to send the message that it doesn't matter, we still will not tolerate their attempt to violate our rights.

this. if the guy didn't kill the officer with a legally purchased firearm he would have done it with a legally purchased knife, or board with a nail hammered through it. he didn't kill him by mistake, and it wasn't an accident. there were some screws loose or he was just plain a criminal committing a crime.

What I want to know is why this guy targeted this cop. It doesn't strike me as random. I am half expecting to find out the VT security guard was a pedophile who raped the shooter a decade ago or something like that. I really find this odd that the shooter offs one cop, randomly and then offs himself without taking more with him. They gave the cop a ceremonious farewell which played for the cameras but I really hope this was random and they aren't hiding something. It's in their best interest to hide a dirty past on the cop at this point.

Now, I am not saying anything is there, only that I would not be surprised if more popped up. Even psycho killers exhibit rational thought and it is not rational to off one random person then yourself with no indication as to why.

What I want to know is why this guy targeted this cop. It doesn't strike me as random. I am half expecting to find out the VT security guard was a pedophile who raped the shooter a decade ago or something like that. I really find this odd that the shooter offs one cop, randomly and then offs himself without taking more with him. They gave the cop a ceremonious farewell which played for the cameras but I really hope this was random and they aren't hiding something. It's in their best interest to hide a dirty past on the cop at this point.

Now, I am not saying anything is there, only that I would not be surprised if more popped up. Even psycho killers exhibit rational thought and it is not rational to off one random person then yourself with no indication as to why.

It could simply be that the guy got pulled over doing something he shouldn't have been and freaked out.

Not good!

The vast, vast majority of firearms in America were legally purchased. That a tiny fractional percentage are used in crimes is really not an issue.

Back
Top Bottom