Visible beam laser

I made the mistake of buying a green laser from a cheap Chinese company. It is plenty bright enough, but the mount is so poorly made that it won't hold a zero on my AR15. I am trying to figure out if there is an old rifle scope or other mount with precision adjustments I can cannibalize to make a decent mount for it.

Nickle said:
You know guys, I used to work with Lasers that had an Ocular Hazard of 80 Kilometers (yes, 50 Miles) to the naked eye, and 160 Kilometers (yes, 100 Miles) to Telescopes.

Takes a LOT of power to designate targets.

Jeez, we used to manage with nothing more than a PRC-25 that a couple of us managed to carry in too damn close for comfort. [wink]

Ken

laserwarning-vi.jpg

KMaurer said:
Jeez, we used to manage with nothing more than a PRC-25 that a couple of us managed to carry in too damn close for comfort. [wink]

Ken

Yeah, I remember PRC-25's and PRC-77's. I took the training when we got FIST-V's in 1992. Being a Forward Observer has changed over the years.

M981 FIST-V:

id_m981_1cav_pettit_459_20051202_700.jpg

G/VLLD (Ground/Vehicular Laser Locater Designator), the Laser Assy itself:

AN-TVQ-2%20_DFST9201655_JPG.jpg

KidGlock, PM Tank, and ask him exactly what purpose can be made of Laser Sights, in the real world. Don't let his reply shock you too much. He's been to "See the Elephant" and has used a Laser Sight on a Beretta 92. They can save lives.

You mean this? (from that Site)

It is also sometimes used in modern examples--we have examples of the 'to see combat' sense referring to the Vietnam War--but it is not that common, and is sometimes considered old-fashioned.

Yup! He served a tour in Iraq from 2004 to 2005, then went back to Kuwait in 2005. He's one of my guys in the Guard, and was in the same area with my Son, James.

THey were using the Laser Sights to point into Iraqi cars to warn them to "Back Off". It seemed to work much better than pointing an M2 MG at them, since they took the pistol threat seriously, but not the MG.

So, therefore, they do have real uses, regardless of what some folks say.

Last edited:
KIDGLOCK said:
Laser??? There are these things called SIGHTS , There the little bumpy things on the top of the weapon .

You can not make up for poor weapon handling with gagets.

If you can't add something constructive, please refrain from comment. Your sarcasm is neither witty nor intelligent. It is awfully presumptuous (look it up) of you to comment on my weapon handling seeing as we've never met. Read the thread.

Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom