Vortex Venom 1-6x24?

I wondered if anyone had any experience with this optic how they would rate it and if they could recommend a mount for it. I really don't want to spend $150+ on a mount if I don't have to. Is there really that big of a difference in mounts to justify the price difference?

150 on a mount is plain silly. 1-6 pst2 vortex is a very good glass. not as modern as 1-8x, but, nice glass.

get a taller mount, 1.35" tall if you will put it on an AR.

You'll likely be better off with a red dot than a low-tier lpvo. I dont have direct experience with the venom but budget lpvos generally have terrible eye boxes and poor illumination, and you get what you pay for in terms of glass quality. I'd say try to find a used p4xi 1-4 w/ p3tr reticle for under $500, or just get a quality red dot. My 2 cents, YMMV.

150 on a mount is plain silly. 1-6 pst2 vortex is a very good glass. not as modern as 1-8x, but, nice glass.

get a taller mount, 1.35" tall if you will put it on an AR.

1.35” is very short for an AR. Outside of very specific needs, I would not go lower than a 1.54” high mount.

I wondered if anyone had any experience with this optic how they would rate it and if they could recommend a mount for it. I really don't want to spend $150+ on a mount if I don't have to. Is there really that big of a difference in mounts to justify the price difference?

I wouldn’t skimp on a mount. If you do you could waste way more than the $ difference in ammo trying to chase fliers or zero shifts.

You don’t need to spend the money on a Badger Ordnance or Reptilia or anything, but don’t go bargain bin. I know Warne are good to go and have used them, but they’re just under $150.

Primary Arms has some $100 “GLX” mounts that are probably good enough, but I haven’t used any.

The Aero Precision Ultralight is cheaper, but is a pain in the ass to mount the scope. No matter how level you make the scope, it always shifts slightly as you tighten down the rings.

Or pickup a used mount on Reddit gunaccessoriesforsale or some other Internet forum.

I wouldn’t skimp on a mount. If you do you could waste way more than the $ difference in ammo trying to chase fliers or zero shifts.

You don’t need to spend the money on a Badger Ordnance or Reptilia or anything, but don’t go bargain bin. I know Warne are good to go and have used them, but they’re just under $150.

Primary Arms has some $100 “GLX” mounts that are probably good enough, but I haven’t used any.

The Aero Precision Ultralight is cheaper, but is a pain in the ass to mount the scope. No matter how level you make the scope, it always shifts slightly as you tighten down the rings.

Or pickup a used mount on Reddit gunaccessoriesforsale or some other Internet forum.
I wasn't looking at the $50 or less ones. I just didn't want to go H.A.M. on it for $150+. I was looking at Warne but it doesn't say the height of it was also looking at the GLX from PA. Do you have an opinion on the Vortex mounts or the Swampfox?

I wasn't looking at the $50 or less ones. I just didn't want to go H.A.M. on it for $150+. I was looking at Warne but it doesn't say the height of it was also looking at the GLX from PA. Do you have an opinion on the Vortex mounts or the Swampfox?
i have a bunch of those as i was getting them for free for points from arken scopes i have. there are dimensions there, so you can compare with others, i have my lpvos on those mounts.

i have a bunch of those as i was getting them for free for points from arken scopes i have. there are dimensions there, so you can compare with others, i have my lpvos on those mounts.
Ok, so I'm very new to Optiks. So I hope this isn't too stupid of a question. I know the 30mm is the tube size but what is the 20 MOA and the 0 MOA

Ok, so I'm very new to Optiks. So I hope this isn't too stupid of a question. I know the 30mm is the tube size but what is the 20 MOA and the 0 MOA
it is a far from stupid question. for an lpvo it is not really needed, of course.

it is a far from stupid question. for an lpvo it is not really needed, of course.

Thanks for the quick read. I'm guessing I'll want a 0 MOA base for my needs. It's for a 300 Blockout with a 10.5 barrel

Back
Top Bottom