Wait time in Boston

Hi Wayne,
The MA General laws do state Sport/Target as restrictions on a Class A. The Class A license is the license to carry and therefore a NO CONCEAL CARRY restriction makes the license useless. A licensing officer can restrict a Class A to sport/Target.
A Class B license can be restricted to NO Conceal Carry.
When you have time, go to the web site and read MA General 140 Section 130something.
The problem is that not too many people have the gumption or the financial resources to question the licensing authority. And the licensing authority is just as happy to have you believe they can give and take away your right to a Class A license. As far as you carrying to and from the range: that question has been debated time and again. One authority will tell you that you can carry to and from the range. Another expert will tell you that you may not. I am not a lawyer. I suggest that because you do possess a license to carry that you may indeed carry to and from your sporting event. If you do and you are stopped, you'll find out soon enough.
Best Regards.

...Anyway, as far as I know, I can't carry this weapon anywhere concealed or otherwise, ...

There is no law against open carry with a class A or class B (unless there is some special restriction saying that). This changes when driving I believe. I'm sure others will chime in.

I found it, Thanks!

140 Sect. 131

(d) ... may issue if it appears that the applicant is a suitable person to be issued such license, and that the applicant has good reason to fear injury to his person or property, or for any other reason, including the carrying of firearms for use in sport or target practice only, subject to such restrictions expressed or authorized under this section, unless the applicant...

Thanks...

I would venture to think that this includes pretty much anything except open and/or concealed carry while not actually engaged in recreation. My guess is not in the car.
I don't think anymore there's any difference between sporting and target/hunting, or whatever.

If it emphasizes "NO Concealed Carry" I don't think it makes a difference, but again, this is new to me, I don't know, and I would love to hear other's thoughts.

ok, so, in reading this thread, I have a question I want to add to the discussion:

Can someone here please post up the difference between licenses and the restriction and what each restriction screws the law abiding citizen out of? Im trying to get a friend into this, but he doesnt believe me about all the restrictions and such, even after I made him read the manual I had to complete at BFSC. I figure seeing it here would sort make him go "oh, I see"

thanks

I think we need to stay on topic here b/c there has been a lot of unreliable things written in this thread, all of the questions not related to the original topic have been covered before, try doing some searches and let this thread stay on topic. If you can't find what you are looking for then ask for help in an appropriate thread.

When I lived down there, the idiot morons who issue licenses for Boston put "No Concealed Target" on my license. They are so stupid, so incompetent and such utter fools that they could not even put "No Concealed Carry" on it. It's a hallmark of why Boston is the way it is. [rolleyes]

wow, damn. that is effing awful! Once I finish my masters degree, I want to move to VT. Always had a love of remote places and if I could find a job teaching in Special Ed there, I woudl move in a HEARTBEAT. Such a great beautiful state, PLUS the gun laws are the way they should be IMHO.

So, you can't carry a target under your jacket?

Obviously, the only option you have is to run around naked in downtown Boston, since you like everyone else is a target [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom