waiting for LTC for 5 weeks

Hi I'm new to this site and I applied for LTC Class A about 5 weeks ago. Is it true that they have to notify you within 40 days whether you are approved or not? Just wondering. Great site.

Patience Grasshopper[wink]
Mine took almost five months. There are a lot of things going on. Some small towns don't run right out and submit the paperwork every time they get one. In my case the town only sent them in once they got a certain number (don't remember what that was) and I think it took three month just to file them. Then the state has to do their thing and send it back to the city which may have another policy about notification.
Five weeks isn't excessive. I'd give it a while longer then politely call your local cops and inquire

i know the feeling waited 5 weeks for mine it made me worried but then they called said it was ready .[smile] give them a call it cant hurt by the way welcome

Seems like forever, but well worth the wait. Consider this waiting period like an initiation of sorts. Hang in there and don't wear out the door on the mailbox.

Took me 8 weeks in lowell. A G guns told me that the longer it takes, the safer you are. It takes less time for them to deny you than it takes to process a complete accepted application. Hang in there.

I am still waiting for my appointment to talk to the police chief... 2 months and counting just to get in the door... who knows how long the whole process will take. It's damn criminal.

Please don't confuse me with my husband (ugh!) [crying]
Sorry - don't shoot
schrik.gif

Oh wait... You can't[laugh]

Just got mine recently. Took about 6 weeks being over both holidays.

I was told I'd be called if there were any issues. If you haven't been contacted... don't worry I'd think. But if you needed references, check with them to see if/when they were contacted.

The biggest lag time can be if they send the approval to the state to have an actual license made up.

Back
Top Bottom