• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Was at Lense Crafters today with the Wife and discovered that we were not welcome there.

Idoktr on here is my eye doctor, out of Burlington Mall and Natick. I brought my bulleyes pistol in my box into the exam room when I was having an issue. He shoots USPSA great guy and doctor. Welcome to Natick Eye Associates

What's his name? I would like to schedule an appointment with him. I found this doctor at Natick Eye Associates, but I don't think we have anything in common. I want glasses, I don't care about your parrots... :)

"Dr. Hahn and his partner Stephen have been legally married in Massachusetts since May 2004. They have four parrots, all of which were adopted from Foster Parrots, a local shelter for unwanted, abandoned, or neglected parrots. They have been very active with fundraising and volunteering at Foster Parrots and are thrilled to see that Foster Parrots has been able to open a larger sanctuary facility in Hopkington, Rhode Island. They have also been very active in gay and lesbian causes."

I got into a debate with a nit wit woman a couple years ago. She had read an article about a guy down south that had the cops called on him for carrying a gun in a movie theater. End result was the guy was not charged with anything because when the police showed up he left.

Her arguement......if you can call it that....was that he should have been arrested. I asked her what for. She said for the gun. He was legally carrying the gun though. She said......but he had a gun and there was a sign that said no guns. So.....I asked her.....they also post signs that you can't bring snacks and drinks into the theater......if an old lady bring in a snack should the cops arrest her if the theater calls? She said no. I asked why not? Silence. I said could it be because there is no law against carrying snacks in your purse? She said yes that's why. I said same thing with the gun......he was legally carrying the gun. She went right back to her arguement that "it was a gun so he should have been arrested".

Unbelievable how people don't get this.

I got into a debate with a nit wit woman a couple years ago. She had read an article about a guy down south that had the cops called on him for carrying a gun in a movie theater. End result was the guy was not charged with anything because when the police showed up he left.

Her arguement......if you can call it that....was that he should have been arrested. I asked her what for. She said for the gun. He was legally carrying the gun though. She said......but he had a gun and there was a sign that said no guns. So.....I asked her.....they also post signs that you can't bring snacks and drinks into the theater......if an old lady bring in a snack should the cops arrest her if the theater calls? She said no. I asked why not? Silence. I said could it be because there is no law against carrying snacks in your purse? She said yes that's why. I said same thing with the gun......he was legally carrying the gun. She went right back to her arguement that "it was a gun so he should have been arrested".

You can not fix Stupid!

What's his name? I would like to schedule an appointment with him. I found this doctor at Natick Eye Associates, but I don't think we have anything in common. I want glasses, I don't care about your parrots... :)

"Dr. Hahn and his partner Stephen have been legally married in Massachusetts since May 2004. They have four parrots, all of which were adopted from Foster Parrots, a local shelter for unwanted, abandoned, or neglected parrots. They have been very active with fundraising and volunteering at Foster Parrots and are thrilled to see that Foster Parrots has been able to open a larger sanctuary facility in Hopkington, Rhode Island. They have also been very active in gay and lesbian causes."

Dr. Ginsberg. IDK if he has any parrots but feel free to PM him here and find out.

Every hospital in NH has that sign. It never stopped me. We can’t boycott hospitals.
One of the most dangerous places the general public utilizes and has no clue about what's inside.
Always, always carry in a hospital because the employees who can't without risking their job, may need you to save their life someday. Thank you!

I only use Lenscrafters when I can't wait for new lenses/glasses, which is rare. I bought my last set from Zennioptical.com. $125 delivered including polycarb lenses. Unfortunately, they don't have HD lenses, but SD are fine, especially being $600 cheaper than my local optometrist.

They have signs like that everywhere in Texas and I believe they are bound by law. I never want to see that up here. MA carry laws aren't really all that bad in comparison. Certainly could be better though....

2 weeks ago I was in Texas and the ones I saw were about open carry. They can also prohibit CC if they choose.

Texas Gun Law Changes and Guns Not Allowed Signage - GovDocs

30.06 Specific Requirements (as laid out in the above statute):

1. Explicit Language Required: “Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun”2. Must be in English and Spanish 3. Appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height 4. Is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public

30.07 Specific Requirements (as laid out in the above statute):

1. Explicit Language Required: “Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly” 2. Must be in English and Spanish 3. Appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height 4. Is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

She must have been a democrat.

OP scared the hell out of me with that photo.
I thought "Len's Crafters" had banned guns.
I've met Len, and that's not how he rolls.
Always, always carry in a hospital because the employees who can't without risking their job, may need you to save their life someday.
T7QS8rp.gif

Dr. Stewart Ginsberg

I just don't get the purpose of posting signs like that...even MA isn't wacky enough to enforce that nonsense.

Said it before, say it again...they call it *concealed* carry for a reason.

In Ohio, and maybe some other states, those signs do carry force of law. A number of states you'd not expect have similarly wacky anti-gun laws. Pre-Healey-dictate, MA really wasn't so bad once you had a LTC-A.

My position would be that the sign is not, by any reasonable perspective, conspicuous. A little sign, just above the floor is NOT conspicuous or obvious.
A bowling ally I go to has a tiny sign way to left of the door but a huge sign on the door the says "No Outside Food Or Beverages." It was months before I ever saw the gun buster sign.
Costco has no gun buster signs on the door. They only bury the policy deep inside the membership agreement that nobody reads. Their eye glass shop is actually among the highest rated. And they have much lower prices than the chain stores. I get progressive transitions there. The lenses are $180. Same lens at Lenscrafters is $270. That's not including frames.

I just don't get the purpose of posting signs like that...even MA isn't wacky enough to enforce that nonsense.

Said it before, say it again...they call it *concealed* carry for a reason.
Exactly. Not even close to conspicuous.
Conspicuous would be a 2 foot x 3 foot sign, 4 feet from floor, in the middle of every entrance door.

Back
Top Bottom