WASR/M10 dust cover fun

je25ff

NES Member
I have tried everything I can to get this dam dust cover on. It originally fit on my WASR, but I recently broke everything down to oil and spoon with (you know, like 4 pieces [laugh2]) and now the dust cover doesn't fit securely. So I try to put it on my M10...same exact deal. There's maybe 1/4 inch or so from the forward dust cover and the lip it inserts into.

So, just any tips, tricks, whatever anyone has would be awesome.

I found this and..dam does he make it look easy. No go on my end, though. If all else fails, I guess I'll buy a few from Gunbroker or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

watch and repeat.....

if you watch closely they pretty much do as the video you posted says... watch the thumb on the rear of the dust cover

Last edited by a moderator:
lol all clear..

The lip on the BCG end (of the dust cover) somehow warped and expanded slightly causing it to not seat. I filed it down a bit and GTG.

lol all clear..

The lip on the BCG end (of the dust cover) somehow warped and expanded slightly causing it to not seat. I filed it down a bit and GTG.

Not possible , straight parts can't function on AK.

It's an AK , hit it harder .

It's actually true. I've found that the dust cover doesnt like to seat on my Saiga unless I give it a good smack. Same deal as the OP...it seems too short...but you just get it in the neighborhood and then whack the sucker...goes right on.

It's actually true. I've found that the dust cover doesnt like to seat on my Saiga unless I give it a good smack. Same deal as the OP...it seems too short...but you just get it in the neighborhood and then whack the sucker...goes right on.

Strangely, it got...longer. The only thing I can think of is that banging the rear to get it to seat actually flattened the rear of the dust cover so that it was just a hair longer.

Back
Top Bottom