Watch the police remove a Watertown family from their home, and then search it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, there could be no possible alternative explaination other than "The evil police just ran up to a house and ordered everyone out just 'cuz."

Thats not an exigent circumstance. It has to be a situation that requires entry NOW. Like someone inside the building calling for help, the smell of MJ smoke, or something like that. If the occupants are not believed to be in distress and are not believed to be engaged in the destruction of evidence then no entry.

Further, LEOs are allowed to go in only far enough to do what is necessary. For example if they need to go 10 ft in to arrest someone, they can not then sweep the building for evidence without a warrant.

Its a safe bet that they will make up some story to try to show exigency, but it will be pretty apparent its BS.

Why were the occupants made to put their arms on their heads? Seriously. If you are searching for a badguy why treat the occupants like criminals?

- - - Updated - - -

I keep hoping someone from this board who lives in watertown will give us some First hand info.
So if you don't have all the info, how can you conclude there's no exigency?

Not saying it wasn't, but everyone here is so quick to bemoan a 4th AMD violation from a video without any sort of context. Considering most of the stories I heard went something like "The cops asked if there could be anyone in the house and I told them I was good so they went away," I don't see anyone asking what may have made this instance different.

OfficerObie59,

what, in your opinion, would have happened if someone answered the door while having an AR slung across their chest, and a pistol on the hip? As far as i know it's kosher for you to do whatever you want in your house.

In my mind, i can't imagine it playing out too well.

The ACLU is not cool with it.

Yes, there's an "exigent circumstance" clause in 4A, but it's not what most liberals think it means. American jurisprudence has also required probable cause, e.g. "The suspect has entered the structure!" Absent this, the "exigent circumstance" exception is a moot point.

It my link its says the ACLU was fine with it.

There's no exigency clause in the fourth amendment. That came from interpretation by the courts, not the original architects.

Just one more reason they can pat themselves on the ass over and over again because they did such a great job finding the perp. Oh, thats right the homeowner found the perp not the 1000 man police force. They were too busy harrasing people in their homes.

I read an article, which I can't find, where the homeowners called 911 to get searched.

Let's get all info first before we set fire to the rain.

Someone on this fourm has to have some connection to those "heros" that stormed the city that day... What are they saying?

I asked someone. Before you berate me, I DO NOT KNOW THE EXTENT OF THEIR INVOLVEMENT. This was my conversation with them

me: Did you guys participate in searches on Friday?
them: yup
me: Did anybody ask for a warrant before having their property searched?
them: no. Not that I know of. People wanted to help
me: I will help by clearing my own property Thank You. Same team but we have to follow the same rules and laws don't we?

That was it, they could have been doing traffic duty at the outskirts so this only applies the their experience and it was "not that I know of".

This brings ups my previous comments. I would have requested a warrant, if they didn't produce one an proceeded to violate me I'm not going to take on 15 swat. I am going to make sure I voice my concerns and their violation of my fourth amendment rights while they drag me out. It would help for me to have all of this captured on video w/ audio. When I am living on Saturday after this, I am heading to my Lawyers and getting the paperwork ready to OWN MASSACHUSETTS. I will defend my rights and the constitution, but there many ways you can defend it with lawyers as well as bullets. The odds of ANYONE coming out alive from defending their property last friday was slim to none. You had a police presence of what seemed like 2500+.

Based on what was shown in the video, it is perceived that the owners were removed forcibly against their will. If they called the police to their home for a search, wouldn't the police just search the property, not drag them out, hands on their heads and pat them down? What threat is the older woman to them? She doesn't fit the description of a 19yr old boy. I am not sure what is scarier, the fact that the fourth amendment was shredded on Friday or that many people willingly let it happen? I can't find one instance of someone asking for a warrant. Sad, sad day in America.

That is just my .02.

Not saying it wasn't, but everyone here is so quick to bemoan a 4th AMD violation from a video without any sort of context. Considering most of the stories I heard went something like "The cops asked if there could be anyone in the house and I told them I was good so they went away," I don't see anyone asking what may have made this instance different.

I would like context around that as well. My gut reaction watching that video was close to revulsion, and wondering how I would react. Even in the situation in Watertown Friday, I'd feel much safer in my home on my own than being forced out by the police and left - unarmed - to go, where?

I don't know if this was the common occurrence, or only what happened under certain circumstances. But after an experience like that, I would not feel safe in my home any more.

I would have politely told them I have cleared the house and they weren't allowed in without a warrant. If I was arrested for that, my phone call would have been tot he ACLU

Simply put, in America you have liberty unless you really need it. At that point, you might as well live in a police state. There is always an excuse, be it special circumstances, immediate public safety issue, etc. But all that matters is the reality that you have rights until the government decides to take them away. Which, naturally, is just another way to say that you have no rights. There is nothing new here. It has been this way for a long long time.

Not cool.

This is bullshit the people of watertown need to learn to say NO YOU CAN NOT ENTER MY HOME and for people to say the over power cops hero's is a joke
the cops did not find the guy 2ND) how many doors did the cops knick in because noone was home (THE USA IS GONE) WE NEED TO CHANGE THE NAME TO USSR-2

I said this in an earlier post but I think it bears repeating;

Few Americans understand the Constitution and the God given rights enumerated there. They don't understand the 4th amendment any more than they understand the 2nd.

Watching these videos make me disgusted. All these SRT, SWAT operators took an oath to uphold the Constitution. Did they not? Yet they justify to detain and illegally search these people outside their home while looking for one particular individual. Clearly creating more terror.

Watching the illusion of your amendment rights be null and void on a whim is just scary. They treated those residents as if they were a herd of felon cattle.

It looks like everyone when it comes time is just a ward of the state. Very sad.

Last edited:
What is more pathetic is the humiliation of having to run down the street with your hands up and being yelled at as though you are the criminal! Absolutely no need for that, probably a lot of small "johnsons" in that immediate area!

Does anyone know what happened to the "suspect" that was "wearing a device" with a "possible dead man's switch" which they used robots to investigate/disarm? (heard over scanner)

I said this in an earlier post but I think it bears repeating;

Few Americans understand the Constitution and the God given rights enumerated there. They don't understand the 4th amendment any more than they understand the 2nd.

Yeah, like the word "unreasonable" in the 4th Amendment. A lot of people around here read that word right out of it.

Last edited:
OfficerObie59,

what, in your opinion, would have happened if someone answered the door while having an AR slung across their chest, and a pistol on the hip? As far as i know it's kosher for you to do whatever you want in your house.

In my mind, i can't imagine it playing out too well.
No one in Watertown has an LTC...

I was going to post it on Facebook with a little message regarding the 4A, but in some circles I'm already known as "fanatical" and "extreme" in regards to our rights and out .gov so before I make it on some list, I'll just keep my opinion to myself. Those who agree with me are already convinced, and those who don't need MUCH MORE help than I'm willing to give them, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom