Watch the police remove a Watertown family from their home, and then search it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to do a search and check more into this in terms of when the traffic came accross the scanner, but could it be possible that this house was the one where the woman was suppossedly being held hostage?

For those that don't know, there was a call that came in via 911 I believe, where a mother claimed her daughter texted her that she was being held by the suspect, the mother passed this on to the police and it was relayed via dispatch to the tactical units, which then converged on a residence. I don't remember the exact time, but I think this raid *may* be related to that. Then again it may have nothing to do with it.

Anyone hear that directly and have more info, I was listening sporadically at that point in time.

I would have to do a search and check more into this in terms of when the traffic came accross the scanner, but could it be possible that this house was the one where the woman was suppossedly being held hostage?

For those that don't know, there was a call that came in via 911 I believe, where a mother claimed her daughter texted her that she was being held by the suspect, the mother passed this on to the police and it was relayed via dispatch to the tactical units, which then converged on a residence. I don't remember the exact time, but I think this raid *may* be related to that. Then again it may have nothing to do with it.

Anyone hear that directly and have more info, I was listening sporadically at that point in time.

If that was in response to the question I asked, I believe the mother text came after what I was talking about. This probably happened around 11:30am/12 iirc.

WTF are they frisking the occupants of the house for? So what if they have weapons on them if they aren't part of the suspect pool they are looking for? This video makes my blood boil just watching it.

IMO, the best response as a homeowner in such scenario is not to answer the door at all. Batting down the door without a warrant raises the 4A violation to another level.

Once you open the door, you can either hold a pocket Constitution or rifle to stop them, the former will likely be ignored, and the later will surely get you killed (you might take a few with you, but you have to be prepared to pay the ultimate price for it).

There's a show I like to watch with my son, "White Collar". One regular is named "Mozzie". He's a conspiracy theorist paranoid nutjob, but lovable. In one episode he's woken from a sound sleep and is yelling "not without a warrant" when he awakes.

I used that line to get out of taking out the trash one time. I was being pushed and prodded to get up and take it out, but I played "sound asleep" and kept mumbling "not without a warrant" until they left me alone.

Watch it. Wouldn't want to get in the way of the rampant NES anger by suggesting possible alternative considerations.

OfficerObie59,

what, in your opinion, would have happened if someone answered the door while having an AR slung across their chest, and a pistol on the hip? As far as i know it's kosher for you to do whatever you want in your house.

In my mind, i can't imagine it playing out too well.

How many itchy nervous trigger fingers were in Watertown that day? Amazing no reports of accidental fire. If you answered the door with even a single round in your hand, it was going to be a bad day for you.

That house was like a clown car... people just kept coming out

Yup.

daddysuperfly said:
OfficerObie59,

what, in your opinion, would have happened if someone answered the door while having an AR slung across their chest, and a pistol on the hip? As far as i know it's kosher for you to do whatever you want in your house.

In my mind, i can't imagine it playing out too well.

No one in Watertown has an LTC...

OfficerObie59,

Ok, lets take Watertown residents out of it. What if a NES member from another town with the appropriate LTC had been overnighting with his/her girlfriend/boyfriend in Watertown and had their AR and pistol with them? Obviously they want to protect their girlfriend/boyfriend so they are carrying inside the home as appropriate as described in dsf's question above. So what happens now when the door is answered?

Just wondering.

OfficerObie59,

Ok, lets take Watertown residents out of it. What if a NES member from another town with the appropriate LTC had been overnighting with his/her girlfriend/boyfriend in Watertown and had their AR and pistol with them? Obviously they want to protect their girlfriend/boyfriend so they are carrying inside the home as appropriate as described in dsf's question above. So what happens now when the door is answered?

Just wondering.
They're probably going to get laid out, handcuffed, and searched. When it's determined these are not the droids the police are looking for, they'll be sent on their way and, given the circumstances, let back in the home. It would also be prudent for the homeowner to advise the police he's armed before he opens the door.

Reasonable on any given day? No. Reasonable on Friday, April 19th, 2013 in Watertown, Massachusetts? Absoutely. Constitutional law and considerations thereof don't exist in a vacuum.

With that said, I am not, have not, and have no desire to be on a SWAT team. They train to the point of nausiation and I'm too ****ing clumsy. So you;d have to ask one of them for sure.

Once again, there could be no possible alternative explaination other than "The evil police just ran up to a house and ordered everyone out just 'cuz."

I think the disturbing thing is we'll never know what the actual PC/RS etc for an exigent search here was. That will never be made public, it'll just be some vague, generic statement from the agency that did it, if anything. The reason for this is obvious- if it was something really stupid it will make them look bad.

If it is some stoner in the neighborhood that said "Yahhhh I saw a dewd go into their house that looked nineteen or so.... uhhhh." that created this "tip" then that's even more disturbing.

Maybe it's me but my gut is doubting that we're going to see something like "Well, 2 different people called the PD and claimed they saw someone who looked like the suspect running into that house."

ETA: If that is more like the case you would think they would be eager to set the record straight, at least in the face of that kind of fact- it would make this forcible search look less retarded on its face than it does now.

-Mike

Last edited:
Maybe it's me but my gut is doubting that we're going to see something like "Well, 2 different people called the PD and claimed they saw someone who looked like the suspect running into that house."

-Mike

Or "witnesses" saw a white dude run down that street so they pulled everybody out of their houses at gun point and searched every single one...

Locking down a city, making innocents prisoners in their own homes, searching home after home, pointing guns at innocents, all in a days work. We should all be so proud.

Or "witnesses" saw a white dude run down that street so they pulled everybody out of their houses at gun point and searched every single one...

Locking down a city, making innocents prisoners in their own homes, searching home after home, pointing guns at innocents, all in a days work. We should all be so proud.

And all on April 19th of all days.

ETA: If that is more like the case you would think they would be eager to set the record straight, at least in the face of that kind of fact- it would make this forcible search look less retarded on its face than it does now.
That's were I think it gets said. The sheep don't care why they did it and have no motivation to demand answers.

The big problem is most people think this shit was ok

On Friday I was much more concerned about the possibility of a squad of infantry on my front steps banging on my door than I was about the 19 year old punk bitch running through my backyard.

Good to hear I'm not the only one who thought that. I had a date cancel (Dartmouth) because she was scared of running into the kid. 1 I could kick the shit out of him, and 2 I bet I'm a better shot!

On Friday I was much more concerned about the possibility of a squad of infantry on my front steps banging on my door than I was about the 19 year old punk bitch running through my backyard.

+1

Although I doubt that anyone would argue that terrorist should always be shot in the neck, I can't help but think that Ben Franklin is rolling over in his grave right now. I fear for our children.

Last edited:
OfficerObie59,

Just wondering.

I actually know of someone who was in a really hot area of Watertown and was carrying in his home. Guys (not sure who they were with) swept his house. They made him tender his handgun (no AR) during the searches but gave it back to him after. He was obviously licensed.

I know another person who was questioned and they told the police their house was clear. They did not try to search his home.

It's hopeless. I have been arguing with family members down there all day who are clearly willing to accept whatever the city/state orders so that they can feel "safe".

I actually know of someone who was in a really hot area of Watertown and was carrying in his home. Guys (not sure who they were with) swept his house. They made him tender his handgun (no AR) during the searches but gave it back to him after. He was obviously licensed.

I know another person who was questioned and they told the police their house was clear. They did not try to search his home.
Glad he made it through intact.

Another go nowhere thread......most of you are service guys. Right? Are you guilty of doing anything less than theses cops? I think not. I know i did and still do. Situation is different but the emotions are the same....

If I were on the street with those LOEs, I probably would have done the same. I'd be pumped up and full of vigor.

Regardless, their actions were condoned by those much higher up;Those that should know better and should be providing proper leadership.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Disgusting disregard for the people of Watertown and their 4A rights.

The men are forced to exit with their hands on their heads.

[video=youtube_share;2LrbsUVSVl8]http://youtu.be/2LrbsUVSVl8[/video]

This house was one of two that were raided WITH a warrant, issued by a judge. These two houses were places that the bombers were known to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom