Wayland Rod and Gun club?

Has anyone ever been? Their website's most recent newletter is dated 2002. What's it like?

I would have posted this in the club section, but didn't know if anyone would see it there.

Mod Hat On!

Please post things WHERE they belong! People will see the posts.

DO NOT POST EVERYTHING IN GENERAL DISCUSSION just because you believe folks will see it there. We created different forums for a reason, please follow the rules here.

Thank you.
The Management

I grew up in Wayland, been there a few times, many moons ago.
I still get back to Wayland fairly regularly (Mom still lives there) but I haven't been to the club since the mid 70's

I can answer any specific question that you have. But I'm not going to just start rambling on...

How about the basics:

Membership Fees - The same as on the web site?
Joining requirements - The same as on the web site?
Range facilities and hours - The same as on the web site?

This is the closest range to me and I would be interested as well.

Thanks,

TBP

Last edited:
Their website's most recent newletter is dated 2002.
We don't publish newsletters anymore. We send out e-mails to the members when necessary. We've kept the web site up to date concerning dues, range rules, etc.

Are there any shotgun sports (wanna try skeet/trap) at the wayland club?

Nope, sorry. Our trap range is closed and will likely remain so. Riverside in Hudson has trap and skeet. You don't need to join Riverside to shoot trap or skeet. Google their web site and you'll get details.

How often are there no positions to shoot at here?

It seems like 2 spots indoors and 5 spots outdoors would fill up quickly.

Also, does the "No loaded firearms" rule apply to those who are legally carrying a concealed pistol?

How often are there no positions to shoot at here?

It seems like 2 spots indoors and 5 spots outdoors would fill up quickly.
Very rarely. Most of the times I use the range I'm the only one there.

Also, does the "No loaded firearms" rule apply to those who are legally carrying a concealed pistol?

Contact me off list.

Hello M1911, I too am interested in Wayland as it is on my way home from work and I'd like a place to go weeknights to shoot.

Are there usually indoor stations open on weeknights? Specifically Monday's, which is usually my free night.

How about weekends; are the pistol ranges usually jammed?

Would you or anyone else be willing to give me a tour one weeknight this weekend or next?

Thanks in advance!

Hello M1911, I too am interested in Wayland as it is on my way home from work and I'd like a place to go weeknights to shoot.

Are there usually indoor stations open on weeknights? Specifically Monday's, which is usually my free night.

How about weekends; are the pistol ranges usually jammed?

Would you or anyone else be willing to give me a tour one weeknight this weekend or next?
It is very rare that you would actually have to wait for a position on the indoor range. That is true weeknights and weekdays. It happens, but it is rare. We are a small club with underutilized ranges.

On a weekend in the summer, there may be other people on the outdoor range. Since we have only one outdoor range, everyone has to shoot at the same distance. So if you only brought a pistol and someone else is already there shooting rifle, you may have to wait a while.

There's no guarantees that you won't wait, of course, but it has not happened often to me in the 10 years I've been a member. YMMV.

One important note -- we do not plow the drive to the outdoor range. So if you want to shoot outdoors in the winter and there is a lot of snow, you either have to walk through the snow or have a heavy 4-wheel-drive vehicle (AWD cross-over won't cut it).

I'll PM you with our caretaker's phone number. Please schedule with him for a tour.

Last edited:
I'm a member. I was an officer and board member for many years. These days I'm doing more of my shooting at Harvard.

Our club membership is small, so you won't find a lot of members active on NES.

Welcome. I'm a member as it is very local to me. Maybe twice in the last 8 years has there been someone else at the range when I have gone shooting. These days mostly go with my son to shoot .22s. Bring a fogger or Yard Guard if you go during mosquito season - they can be brutal at times. The clubhouse is a good place to do a FTF transfer.

A friend and I are planning to head over there tomorrow to look into applying as new members at the general meeting. Anyone here planning on being there?

Paul gave me a tour of the indoor range. Seemed like a good turn out. 24 current members and 7 new applicants.

Back
Top Bottom