We Need Your HELP!!!!

As some of you may know on Sept. 20th 2011 the Otter River Sportsmans Club suffered a total loss from a fire. The fire has left us with the daunting task of rebuilding our club. Although we will end up with a brand new building eventually the task of rebuilding is proving to be extremely difficult given our limited resources, lack of town water and other mitigating factors. Our club has been the home for many of the local civic groups including Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, youth hunter and sporting education, church groups etc... Right now we don't have the means to support these groups like we have in the past.

All of the other local clubs have offered to help us in some way shape or form by allowing us to use their facilities for meetings or events. They have opened their doors to us and tried to make things as easy on us as possible, but we still need more help.

ON the night of March 10th we are having a fundraiser at the Snowbound Club, 130 Old Baldwinville Rd. Winchendon, MA 01475 we will be raffling off as much merchandise as we can, serving food, and I believe there will be a gate price as well.

So how can you help? I hate to be that guy and ask for donations but I have to. Donations of any kind will go a long way towards helping us rebuild. We are open to anything. Perhaps you have a spare box of ammo you don't need, maybe hunting or camping equipment, firearms, hats, sweatshirts etc.. (Clothes please be new) and yes we do accept cash donations as well. We are hoping to Raffle items off at the March 10th event or at future events as fundraising will be an ongoing effort.

Last but not least if you or someone you know could help me organize a fundraising SHOOT it would be greatly appreciated. I do not have the first clue as to what to do to organize one and whats involved but I think it would be a new fun way to raise money.

Please PM me with any help, questions, suggestions etc... and if you do donate anything I would like to get all of your real info (if you'd like to provide it) So you can be invited to our Grand Opening Celebration whenever that may be.

Thank you all for your help and Support

here is our website: www.otterriversportsmansclub.org
Otter river sportsmans club: rebuild fund po box 28 baldwinville, ma 01436

Last edited:
Are we to send donations direct to the club or do you want to post the exact name and address it should be made out too and sent.
Thanks

You can send donations direct to the club if you like: Otter River Sportsmans Club, attn: rebuilding fund po box 28 baldwinville, ma 01436. However I'd like donations from this site to go to me personally so I can track nes donations and thank all of you personally. I'm adding this information as well as the web site above.

To clarify any checks would be made to the club directly I just want receive them.

Last edited:
You can send donations direct to the club if you like: Otter River Sportsmans Club, attn: rebuilding fund po box 28 baldwinville, ma 01436. However I'd like donations from this site to go to me personally so I can track nes donations and thank all of you personally. I'm adding this information as well as the web site above.

To clarify any checks would be made to the club directly I just want receive them.

I will send something out when I look over my finances this weekend. So the above address will get it to the club via you? Works for me.

I just wanted to take a minute to publicly thank Adam and Nicole from Acme Armament for their generous donation. Thank you both so very much. If for some reason you have not met these two fine people or purchased from them, DO IT. They are wonderful.

Second I also want to thank Dirtypacman. Your generous donation will help us rebuild our club.

As an update for those who care, we currently fall some $125 short of being able to rebuild our club with no mortgage. Ideally we would love to not have one so we can spend money on things like youth day, range repairs etc.... Thank you to anyone who donated that didnt include a note or name, We greatly appreciate it.

For anyone that is interested, we are having a fund raiser tonight at the snow bound club on old winchendon rd., winchendon, ma. Doors open at 7pm at 8pm the band open highway will be playing. We will have huge basket raffles, a mossberg 500 and a black powder rifle up as well. 5 bucks at the door. If you do show up I'll most likely be working the raffles just ask for Jim Hebert.

Otter River held their open house recently. For those of you interested in membership the information is listed below.

From the Athol Daily News.Keeping with the theme of service and dedication, there are requirements that not only new members are required to meeting, but also aspiring new members. First you must obtain a sponsor, and you must be a male to be considered for membership. If accepted, you are expected to come to at least two meetings per year, and you will then be required to volunteer at a few club functions. New members pay $100 in dues for their first year, and then as with all other regular members your dues are $50 per year after that. For that membership and volunteerism, you get a state of the art facility, a pavilion that will seats up to 500, your own stocked lake to fish in, and a 100-yard target range. Quite a selection of options, and all nestled on 115 beautiful acres.

It has been a long road for the Otter River Sportsman Club. Their history is deep and rich. From 1953 to present, there is one constant theme that has been there since the very beginning. Dedication, volunteerism, and comradery. If you are interested in learning more about the Otter River Sportsman Club, you can visit them on the internet at www.OtterRiverSportsmanClub.org or visit them on Facebook or call 978-939-7375.

A loan was taken. We got a lot of building with the budget and restrictions we had to deal with. A lot of volunteer help and great amount of donations helped rebuild our club. Thank you to all of you who have donated money or time.

A loan was taken. We got a lot of building with the budget and restrictions we had to deal with. A lot of volunteer help and great amount of donations helped rebuild our club. Thank you to all of you who have donated money or time.

Excellent news. Very happy for the club.

beaver and otter just don't get along

according to their web site they host weddings though

Just throwing this distaff perspective into the mix:

I bristle at the mere use of "Mrs."

My OC BBQ wedding reception was held at a different male members-only gun club.

Spent a good deal of time thinking about this when I first ran into a male-only gun club. Considered it in light of things like Second Amendment Sisters, Women on Target, etc. Decided some people feel a need for these segregated environments. Their call within the private sphere. I look forward to the day when it is no longer necessary. I doubt human nature will change such that that day arrives.

My dream job is to be the caretaker/ head range safety guy at an all female club. [smile]

Not my thing to join a sausage fest

Back
Top Bottom