Weapons being burned!!!

I wonder if that's even burning hot enough to really render them inoperable/unsalvageable. It looks like it's for show.

I wonder if that's even burning hot enough to really render them inoperable/unsalvageable. It looks like it's for show.

They will be rusting hulks of crap tomorrow. The fire doesn't have to destroy them completely to make them mostly useless.

My uncle told me stories of doing the same thing with German weapons captured and confiscated at the end of WW2. Once you get the receiver cherry red, the hardness and tempering are gone making it useless scrap metal. Many a Mauser and Luger met this fate.
[sad2]

"Illicit firearms"... most likely siezed from their civilian populace so they have to obey their government. Remember the guy from Nigeria (I think) that built his own home-defense shotgun?

That fire will definately get hot enough to destroy the temper of the steel making the firearms dangerous at best to shoot. You don't even have to get steel cherry red to remove most of its hardness. 600-700 degrees F wont fully anneal steel, but it will leave it pretty soft. Pure lead melts around 800F and people have been casting bullets on small camp fires for centuries. I'm sure that fire's going to get into the 900+ F range and virtually if not totally anneal the steel of those firearms.

What a waste of history. If you have to demill a weapon to prevent terrorists from using it, drill a 1/4" hole through the chamber at the throat or some other process that prevents the weapon from firing but still allows it to remain a museum piece of history.

Meanwhile at a loading dock somewhere terrorists and/or undesirables were unloading 3 times that many brand new guns from a cargo trailer.

The picture didn't load for me.

Governments around the world have never allowed their subjects to own guns. America was predicated on the reverse notion; that the People have granted power to government, and not the other way around. Sadly, this is why many of these so-called "developing countries" will always be such. The state has all the power when their civilians don't own firearms.

The picture didn't load for me.

Governments around the world have never allowed their subjects to own guns. America was predicated on the reverse notion; that the People have granted power to government, and not the other way around. Sadly, this is why many of these so-called "developing countries" will always be such. The state has all the power when their civilians don't own firearms.

I changed the search feature to last 30 days and then they opened for me. A shame.

Back
Top Bottom