• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weapons upgrade set to make US Special Operations even more deadly

Tubeless means they just weld the baffle stack and do not put a tube over the suppressor to finish it. The welded stack is the finished product. It was kind of a new thing 5 years ago when Kevin Brittingham was running Sig's silencer program. That chain link looking thing is just a heat shield.

Why can’t they just use a normal heat wrap? What’s better about that cheese grater? It would seem like a normal heat wrap would be easier to deal with and be one less thing to break or snag.

With that thing running full auto with the stock folded up I'd be holding tight to that can shield...

Tubeless means they just weld the baffle stack and do not put a tube over the suppressor to finish it. The welded stack is the finished product. It was kind of a new thing 5 years ago when Kevin Brittingham was running Sig's silencer program. That chain link looking thing is just a heat shield.
That design has been around for a while. They are probably using titanium or Inconel to survive full auto fire. Would require a good heat shield, which is probably the main new feature here. Jack.

I'm pretty sure that thing is just a cover.

It's cool and all, but an MCX with a can is one gassy bitch. Not sure it's something I'd want to shoot full auto.

I shot a full auto suppressed MCX at Sig's rifle class, didn't notice anything weird. Was only 5 rounds - any more and I'd have been shooting at the moon.

Back
Top Bottom