• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weatherby SSA-08 Youth model shotgun

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
I've been looking for a youth model shotgun, preferably in 20 GA. Purpose? Deer hunting (if I can get a replacement slug barrel for it), sporting clays, maybe trap / skeet.

Youth model because they come with a shorter length of pull, and I'm a short guy. (thus the screen name Dwarven One...) 20 GA because after all the abuse my shoulder has taken over the years, a 12GA leaves me in pain after just a few shots. These are my parameters; please don't waste your time, my time and Derek's bandwidth trying to argue me into something else.

So... does anyone have any experience with the Weatherby shotguns? Plusses, minuses? This particular one seems to fit me pretty well; it's certainly more comfortable to shoulder than the full-size models. I just don't know anything about them and wanted to hear if anyone out there had any experience with them. Reliability, durability, availability of replacement barrels (I'd rather buy one shotgun with multiple barrels. Running out of room in the safe!)

I have nothing to add here ... other than I am also interested in a youth shotgun [laugh] but for home defense, rather than hunting since I don't do that

Back
Top Bottom