• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wedding Gun

Which wedding gun

• PPK

• 226/229

• Colt 1903/08

• Hi Power

• Beretta 92

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry, but this is as g@y as a BBQ gun.

If you are going to get a gun, buy whatever you enjoy.

Make up your mind, dammit! [slap]

Absolutely nothing wrong with having a BBQ/Collector gun as your carry piece. Just don't bitch if you have to use it. [cheers]

Turnbull does some amazing work on Colts. The price to refinish can easily be worth more than the cost of the gun.

However... [rockon]

1645501351340.png

Last edited:
Old school Colt revolver with ivory grips, Patton style. Or a 1911 so you can jam with style.

But remember, America's toughest WW2 general did not carry a 1911, he knew better.

Patton’s obvious preference was for revolvers, but during WWII he did also carry a Colt Pocket Model hammerless, as well as a Remington Model 51 .380.

Is this going to be church wedding?
Because if Jesus carried, I am pretty sure it would be a 1911.

Also, what if you actually needed a firearm at the wedding? Like lets say terrorists want to crash your infidel wedding? .380? I don't think so.
1911 in a shoulder rig with dual mag pouches. 9in the gun, 16 in the holster.
At the very least, you want a 226. What if the DJ you hired is involved in a gang war and his rival Poop Dog drive byes the reception?
Yeah, I know the 92 is the same caliber (probably) but the Sig is cooler.

I’ll let you borrow my Nazi HiPower if you want to get weird.

You have to promise me to shoot yourself in the foot with it afterward though...because that’s what you’re doing by getting married.

I’m almost kidding...but congratulations on whatever you decide and I hope the misses let’s her new f***-boy enjoy it after the divorce.

Cheers :)

iu
You beat me to it...

In your honor Sir:

John Moses Browning carried a Baby Browning , just FYI. If it was good enough for him ...

Baby-Browning-08.jpg

Make up your mind, dammit! [slap]

Absolutely nothing wrong with having a BBQ/Collector gun as your carry piece. Just don't bitch if you have to use it. [cheers]
Next time quote it all.

BBQ guns are f*cking lame.

Turnbull does an amazing job with their finishes.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody, and he finds out about it, he may be very angry with you.”
– Col. Jeff Cooper

Polished(not black!) PPK if you want to portray James Bond classy.
1911 with inlays, not regular kind, if you want to show how rich you are.
Anything else has no panache:they're just tools. But those two guns have status!

Your marriage is the perfect opportunity to upgrade to a 1911 you can be proud of. If it were me, I'd get a Dan Wesson or SIG We the People model. I'm not in the Cabot price range.

I don't understand wanting to carry a special gun on a wedding day but congrats on the wedding.
This, Unless it is an "open carry" wedding then somthing special may be warranted. Assuming that you plan to carry concealed, don't know why you would not carry whatever you carry daily or whatever will work with the outfit.

Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom