• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Springfield/Big E Gun show - Dec 10/11

Frosty,

I thought that you made a grammatical error and I was being a bit of a wiseguy! I had no idea you were serious about the sushi remark! [roll]

Maybe their food is good because it is a fresh kill? [roll]

I think I'll pass!

Big E Gunshow Report

I got there about 10:00am and the show was moderately busy. Some of the smaller aisles were a bit crowded but otherwise there was plenty of room to move around and look. The show has a more-size efficient look. That is, it was smaller which seems to be a continuing trend. However this may be because of the absence of some non-gun vendors.

There seemed to be a better variety of handguns this show than in recent past. Prices were all over the place from normal gunshow highs to some fairly good prices here and there. Possibly people trying to get rid of stock that just is not dellling.

The ammo tent was normal, about half a pallet of 7.62x39, plus the usual other stuff. Have to decide if I want to go back tomorrow for any ammo. But probably not.

I was not able to find a Don Hume IWB holster for my P245 but did get one for the Glock 19/36. Also got a couple of books on Sig Pistols and Glocks. Found a Christmas gift for the wife, a small painting of a grizzly on a piece of flat stone (her totem in the bear). And a pair of wooden bokken for my son and I to practice swordsmanship.

Triple A guns had S&W 642's for $336 . Tombstone (I think) had a couple
Seecamps for $489 . Mostly everything at exorbitant prices.
Mac

Add $13+ to these prices after parking, admission, fuel, etc.. Mights well
buy them at fsguns if you live in the east. There aren't many deals on
handguns at the shows now.

MrsWildweasel said:
Triple A is known to jack their prices for the shows. If you go into their store you'll see quite a difference.

LenS said:
We went to see 3 Dog Night at Mohegan Sun instead of the gun show.

I think we made the wiser choice! :)

I saw them about 5 years ago when they performed at a user conference. Kath & I kind of freaked out the younger ones when we started dancing to their music. Hootie & the Blowfish had opened and we just sat still for them.

Since this thread is TOTALLY degraded ( [lol] ), the last concert Ed and I went to was the Moody Blues back about 4 or 5 years ago. They were playing in Lowell. It was so funny - when they started playing "Nights in White Satin", those that still smoke, took out their lighters and were slowly waving them in the air. There were three guys in back of us that took out their cell phones and lit them up, slowly waving them back and forth. We cracked up.

Lynne said:
Since this thread is TOTALLY degraded

If you can't beat us, join us?
Whipping.gif

I really didn't mean to start a concert goer's thread. Just expressed a choice that I made last weekend, with no regrets!

I do suggest that those interested start a thread in Off Topic on concerts. There are some neat opportunities coming up . . . but I won't go down that rat-hole here.

Back
Top Bottom