What a pitiful article in the Washington Post via the Globe about today's rally

I don't know if there is anybody left in the Boston area today, given the march in DC, but there is this really terrible article in The Globe, originating in the Washington Post about how all the gun nuts are doing an open-carry march on National Park land in DC. Perhaps they could be also talking about the concurrent march over the river in Virginia, but the article doesn't make it clear.

Thoughts?

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...ally_with_their_guns_just_outside_washington/

What a horrible example these people are to their children:
"We live in freedom. Vote for whomever you want. If the election doesn't go the way you want, start shooting."

[laugh2]

What a horrible example these people are to their children:
"We live in freedom. Vote for whomever you want. If the election doesn't go the way you want, start shooting."

[laugh2]

WOW is that some biased reporting.

Several dozen self-proclaimed patriots, all of them armed

"Several dozen?" Those two words seek to marginalize the numbers. "Self-proclaimed patriots" is language that is again trying to marginalize the issue. "Self-proclaimed" is the reporters way of saying "Not really".

Okay, I've got to stop because this article is making my blood pressure dangerously high. I can't stand news that takes sides.

Guns are just evil. So are the people the own them. [rolleyes]

The Glob and the Washington Past are just spewing crap again.

Ah, thanks Kevlar. Those links clear it up for me. I guess I was just thinking about the DC march and I guess that showed from the comments I posted at El Globo.

“They are calling health care and taxes that have been duly enacted by a democratically elected Congress tyrannical, and they feel they have a right to confront that individually.’’

Isn't that why we have the freedom of speech? The ability to confront perceieved injustice individually? Then there's the Freedom of Assembly - the ability to confront percieved injustice as a group?

Ahh, but this is the media - Individual rights can be ignored if we don't believe in their message.

MSNBC covering rallies live right now

ETA: Re: the Globe article. Each and every day I am disappointed to see just how much ignorance is out there amongst our citizens, and ignorance without any open-mindedness to another viewpoint is especially scary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom