What blade do you carry?

I have a Benchmade Osbourne folder...one of the best knives I've ever owned, and I can't say enough good things about the Benchmade knives in general

AAAAAhEkg1MAAAAAABPosw.jpg

i have one and love it...i've beat the crap out of mine and sent it into benchmade a few times over the years and the thing is still is one of my favorite knives

I have a swiss army knife in my glove compartment, a screwy hook-blade from a former cop friend of mine for cutting seat belts in an emergency in the compartment inside my armrest and this around my neck!
DSCF1352.jpg

DSCF1353.jpg

Michael J. Spangler customer Japanese "something"...1.5" blade, sharp as heck!

I carry this slipjoint that I made..it was my second folding knife ever and lives permanently in my pocket and is still going strong even after 2-3 runs through the dryer.:

Its D2 and desert ironwood burl with mosaic pins.

back.jpg

right.jpg

I have a swiss army knife in my glove compartment, a screwy hook-blade from a former cop friend of mine for cutting seat belts in an emergency in the compartment inside my armrest and this around my neck!
DSCF1352.jpg

DSCF1353.jpg

Michael J. Spangler customer Japanese "something"...1.5" blade, sharp as heck!

JESUS! Did your cop buddy take that off an inmate?

Tiktock- nice work.. making a great folder is what separates the men from the boys..

Thanks!

A few design flaws, but functionally it works great! Flush open, closed and a perfectly flush half-stop. OAL could have been about 1/4" shorter as the bolsters are too long (you can see this in the pic that shows the spine) and the back pin is a tad too close to the spine for comfort.....

My third one was much better, I just don't have pics of it.

JESUS! Did your cop buddy take that off an inmate?

Thats a kiridashi which is a very traditional japanese woodworkers design that has taken the form of a SD/Do-it-all design in the west.

They are chisel ground which produces one of the sharpest edges you can get.

couldn't find a ruler... so theres a 14 inch WWII Hungarian cavalry sword bayonet for size comparrison lol

:Benchmade LFK (thats not a knife, THATS a knife)
:Benchmade Rukus
:CRKT M16 13LE
IMG_0317.jpg

heres a closed shot to show the cool auto fold down "tail fin" on the LFK
IMG_0326.jpg

Last edited:
couldn't find a ruler... so theres a 14 inch WWII Hungarian cavalry sword bayonet for size comparrison lol

:Benchmade LFK (thats not a knife, THATS a knife)
:Benchmade Havok
:CRKT M16 13LE

IMG_0326.jpg

That middle one is a Rukus, unless they renamed it sometime. Guy out of Florida named Blackwood designed it IIRC.

Can anyone recommend me an extremely rust resistant switchblade? I have problems with making metals rust, and I live in a state where it's legal for me to carry a true full auto knife.

Can anyone recommend me an extremely rust resistant switchblade? I have problems with making metals rust, and I live in a state where it's legal for me to carry a true full auto knife.
I would suggest the benchmade infidel or one of their other models with the black finish on the blades. Pretty much any blade with a coating on it will be fairly rust resistant. I had a black coated benchmade switch issued to me in the Army that I had for almost 5 years and carried it every day and it never rusted on me. I did get a bad gouge in the coating in one place and a little surface rust would form there once in a while, but it came right off. Benchmade's coating is extremely durable and does not come off easy.

Since getting my new sharpening system I've been on a bit of a knife kick lately. I just picked up a Spyderco Delica 4 with green G10 scales and a VG-10 blade. Good weight, nice blade shape, and a perfect size for EDC. In my opinion, Benchmade and Spyderco make the best all around folding knives.

Chris

I don't know much about auto knives. But if you need a blade that will never rust, you should look at Spyderco Salt series. The H1 steel is specially engineered to never rust out. All other fittings such as washers are also made of rust free materials.
Might be something to consider.

Since getting my new sharpening system I've been on a bit of a knife kick lately. I just picked up a Spyderco Delica 4 with green G10 scales and a VG-10 blade. Good weight, nice blade shape, and a perfect size for EDC. In my opinion, Benchmade and Spyderco make the best all around folding knives.

Chris

+1 One of my top EDC knives. I love the full flat grind on the blade. Mine is green. Also picked up the Endura in the light blue they have out.

Not sure if you have had a chance to look at the Spyderco Fred Perrin PPT, but it is one cool knife. Almost as fast as an assisted opener, S30V that is scary sharp out of the box, carries very deep in pocket, and a very unique G-10 handle. Maybe not a EDC knife, but if you are into blades I think you might appreciate it.

EDIT: I do not work for Spyderco, I just love their blades.

Last edited:
Swiss army knife. The new official one has a serrated blade but the knife and the can opener/ screw driver both lock.

Here are my two newest Spyderco folders:

007.jpg

A Dragonfly and a Delica.
The Dragonfly disappears in your pocket and the Delica is a great size/shape/weight. It may displace my Benchmade Osborne 942BT as my EDC.

Chris

Here are my two newest Spyderco folders:

007.jpg

A Dragonfly and a Delica.
The Dragonfly disappears in your pocket and the Delica is a great size/shape/weight. It may displace my Benchmade Osborne 942BT as my EDC.

Chris

Oh Nice! I must not have read your post correctly, I thought you had the newer FRN that came in the fancy new colors. I like that G-10. Is it like a sage green? Hard to tell from the photo.

Back
Top Bottom