What, no IDPA this weekend?

Mr. Kelly - there is an indoor BUG stage at the next WPRC IDPA match on November 29th. Hope to see you there.

FYI - My BUG is my FN FAL [grin]

I'm planning to be there and am looking foward to seeing you there. Can you bring your own BUG?

Respectfully,

jkelly

I'm planning to be there and am looking foward to seeing you there. Can you bring your own BUG?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Yes, please bring your own BUG with 5 rounds. There will be a 642 available for a nominal fee for anyone that needs or wants to use it.

Last edited:
Worcester Pistol and Rifle club IDPA Match

Date: Saturday December 13, 2008
Time: 9:30 AM
The match registration will start at 9:30, safety briefing at 10AM first shots immediately afterwards.

Hope to see you there

Worcester Pistol Rifle Club IDPA Match

Date: Saturday, January 10, 2009
Time: 9:30 AM
Registration starts at 9:30, safety briefing at 10 AM followed by the match.

Bring your flashlight, there is a low light stage.

That is really nice. Where do you usually shoot out of? Some more here:
http://shootingsports.smith-wesson.com/calendar/index.php

I'm a member of Nashua Fish & Game (bullseye pistol and closest to home) and Purgatory Falls Fish & Game (metallic silhouette).

I shoot knockdown and static steel wherever I can find a match. I try to make it to Mass Rifle for their monthly matches, I will be shooting the PPC match at Mystic Valley Friday night and the USPSA match at Boston Gun Club on Sunday.

I've only been shooting since May after about a 30 year layoff. I'm enjoying myself and learn something new at every match I shoot. I'm not competitive yet, but that doesn't matter.

Last edited:
I've only been shooting since May after about a 30 year layoff. I'm enjoying myself and learn something new at every match I shoot. I'm not competitive yet, but that doesn't matter.

We're all out shooting for different reasons and at different levels- it's good that we can all get out! Nice web site.

What happened to their IDPA? They were known for great matches.

Nashua hasn't had an Action Pistol program for a few years. There is no governor for the Action Ranges and doesn't appear to anyone willing to take on the job.
The High Power Rifle folks are in control of the club and every one of them is afraid of a riccochet leaving the property, which is a valid concern. But the Action Range is backed up by an 80 foot high hill (imagine the Cowboy Ranges at Harvard). Funny how those concerns go away when you look at the High Power Range, it's the only blue sky range on the property.

Anything coming up this weekend or next? Who is having a practice session? If I can't make a match (assuming there is one) I will try for a practice night some place.

Nashua hasn't had an Action Pistol program for a few years. There is no governor for the Action Ranges and doesn't appear to anyone willing to take on the job.
The High Power Rifle folks are in control of the club and every one of them is afraid of a riccochet leaving the property, which is a valid concern. But the Action Range is backed up by an 80 foot high hill (imagine the Cowboy Ranges at Harvard). Funny how those concerns go away when you look at the High Power Range, it's the only blue sky range on the property.

All very strange. They were known for their IDPA when I first got into it, then poof, they were gone. It figures the one club I belong to (Braintree) has no IDPA, and the one outdoor range they had that could have been dedicated to that use was turned into a target range. Oh well....[thinking]

From my limited experience. USPSA is a lot like IDPA without the cover garment and flashlight.

Those are some biggies. They also allow "race" guns with optics, comps, hi capacity mags in some divisions. Speed reloads (one of my favorites!) and no required mag capacity at start. They have fault lines and boxes. The targets are different. Scoring is way different, they allow major/minor in some divisions. Single stages up to 30 rounds. Can use more than two mag pouches in all divisions. More shooting in the open, no tactical priority.... and more.

However they are both fun action shooting sports- I truly enjoy both! It's just tricky to go back and forth sometimes. Spead reloads in IDPA will cost you some time!

Those are some biggies. They also allow "race" guns with optics, comps, hi capacity mags in some divisions. Speed reloads (one of my favorites!) and no required mag capacity at start. They have fault lines and boxes. The targets are different. Scoring is way different, they allow major/minor in some divisions. Single stages up to 30 rounds. Can use more than two mag pouches in all divisions. More shooting in the open, no tactical priority.... and more.

However they are both fun action shooting sports- I truly enjoy both! It's just tricky to go back and forth sometimes. Spead reloads in IDPA will cost you some time!

Sounds like a True USPSA shooter there... HAHA

Both games are fun and have different strengths and weaknesses. I prefer the higher round count and fancy guns so USPSA is my favorite but both games are fun. IDPA might be better for newer shooters as most stages are easier to figure out esp. with the lower round counts.

All very strange. They were known for their IDPA when I first got into it, then poof, they were gone. It figures the one club I belong to (Braintree) has no IDPA, and the one outdoor range they had that could have been dedicated to that use was turned into a target range. Oh well....[thinking]

The Nashua group is alive and well and are at Pelham now. They put on a great match.

Last edited:
I find for me and my chosen division, USPSA tests my math skills too and I like that. Last week it challenged my listening skills which failed but that is another story. I was in IDPA mode due to my match this week but back to USPSA Sunday :)

Hey Will, get in touch with Kimmie here and see if there is a slot left for the Sunday match. Dorchester should be close for you.

Sounds like a True USPSA shooter there... HAHA

Both games are fun and have different strengths and weaknesses. I prefer the higher round count and fancy guns so USPSA is my favorite but both games are fun. IDPA might be better for newer shooters as most stages are easier to figure out esp. with the lower round counts.

I find the holster rules objectionable in IDPA. I carried a pistol 24/7 for many years and opted for a rig that gave me a solid grip on the draw, but sacrificed a little concealability. The holsters mandated by IDPA hold the gun too close to the body for me to get the grip I need. A long time ago I chose to sacrifice a little concealability for a better grip on the draw. I find it rather humorous to learn at this late date that my daily carry rig isn't "practical".

I find the holster rules objectionable in IDPA. I carried a pistol 24/7 for many years and opted for a rig that gave me a solid grip on the draw, but sacrificed a little concealability. The holsters mandated by IDPA hold the gun too close to the body for me to get the grip I need. A long time ago I chose to sacrifice a little concealability for a better grip on the draw. I find it rather humorous to learn at this late date that my daily carry rig isn't "practical".
IDPA is like that. I can't even use my carry gun, which is good, as it is a terrible competition gun. :)

But they are both (IDPA USPSA) fun games.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Back
Top Bottom