• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What to do with this fungus

What @enbloc posted were definitely compound leaves of a walnut seedling. Poison sumac is a bush not a tree. Who the hell has poison sumac in a nursery 🤣
Haha, yeah, I realized that.🤣 posted the pic for general reference.

My 1st job, in 7th grade, was doing landscaping. Had to go weedwack an overgrown property line, wearing just shorts and sneakers. Got covered in juicy vegetation. It was all poison sumac. That summer sucked.🤣

Haha, yeah, I realized that.🤣 posted the pic for general reference.

My 1st job, in 7th grade, was doing landscaping. Had to go weedwack an overgrown property line, wearing just shorts and sneakers. Got covered in juicy vegetation. It was all poison sumac. That summer sucked.🤣
Sorry man. My neighbor a few years back decided to hand wrestle the vine on my fence because it looked bad…….but not as bad as her arms a day later 😝

Lol. I got that beat. My 18 year old niece decided to pick a whole bunch of Fall-colored leaves that were working their way up a tree trunk to glue to a piece of construction paper.

Such pretty reds, yellows and oranges...

Until she broke out with Pink rashes all over her hands, arms, neck and face,,,

Art is funny...

1635392817660.png

Last edited:
I'll believe poison sumac because it has the double leaves going down the stem. I know my grandfather always talked about the stuff being around the house way back but I had never seen it. Looks like a quick job with the cutters and rubber gloves followed with painting the remaining stalk stubs with weed killer.

No. I grow it and add it to my soups if I tire of kale. When I was a kid we ate it steamed with salt and butter.

It also makes a great topical healing ointment when combined with olive oyle and beeswax. How to Make Comfrey Salve (and Why You Should!)
It's claimed to be toxic to the liver based on 1 study where the researchers dosed rats with enough allantonin to kill a horse then claimed it dangerous.
Don't believe everything you read the internet.

No. I grow it and add it to my soups if I tire of kale. When I was a kid we ate it steamed with salt and butter.

It also makes a great topical healing ointment when combined with olive oyle and beeswax. How to Make Comfrey Salve (and Why You Should!)
It's claimed to be toxic to the liver based on 1 study where the researchers dosed rats with enough allantonin to kill a horse then claimed it dangerous.
LOL

Yep that's the one. Liver issues. Thanks for the clarification.
~Enbloc

s-l1600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom