What's the average wait time to join a club?

I stopped by my local club (MRA) last Sunday; given their new applicant load, the earliest i could become a member is March. If I branch out a bit, there a few other clubs within a 25min drive which is doable. Does anyone know if wait times (3months) are similar for say andover, woburn, tewksbury, etc.

Thanks.

I stopped by my local club (MRA) last Sunday; given their new applicant load, the earliest i could become a member is March. If I branch out a bit, there a few other clubs within a 25min drive which is doable. Does anyone know if wait times (3months) are similar for say andover, woburn, tewksbury, etc.

Thanks.

What are you looking to get out of the club? Trap shooting? Rifle? Pistol? Some combination of the above?

If you have to wait you're looking at the wrong clubs. Then again that "25 minute" thing might force you into selecting from the best of a bad lot.

-Mike

At our club, you have to come to our monthly meeting on the third Tuesday of the month. Then you have to attend our range orientation, which is usually held within a week after the meeting.

I'd say a monthly opportunity to join that takes 2-3 weeks to actually use the club is by far the most common.

The soonest you'd be a full member at Woburn Sportsmen is Feb 10. You'd have to drop off your application before Jan 13 and go to both the monthly meetings. PM me if you'd like to check it out.

What are you looking to get out of the club? Trap shooting? Rifle? Pistol? Some combination of the above?

Definitely the combo, but also brand new to the sport and just starting out with pistol; I can see a rifle purchase in my 6 month plan. I would also love to try and break some clays at some point.

Definitely the combo, but also brand new to the sport and just starting out with pistol; I can see a rifle purchase in my 6 month plan. I would also love to try and break some clays at some point.

I can't think of one in the area that has everything and doesn't have a wait.

Back
Top Bottom