What's your best local source for .223 w/62 grain bullets

Hey guys,

I'm heading up to Jercho this weekend for the Appleseed shoot. The second day we're going to be shooting out to 600 yards, so before the weekend I wanted to pick up some .223 with a heavier bullet (everything I have is 55 grain). I need somewhere between 200 and 400 rounds, and I'm hoping not to break the bank too badly.

Does anyone know if any of the New England shops (pref. near Boston or on the way to Jericho) have any in stock at a reasonable price, or know where I can get some before Saturday???

Thanks!

yeah, dies and conversion gear for .223 is next on my shopping list, but I just don't have the cash for the investment right now.

Anyone having a reloading garage sale?

I think GOAL said they were having a yard sale including a bunch of reloading stuff (not sure what that stuff may be) on Sept 6 - same day as our car shoot but early bird may get the worm if you head there 1st.

Kittery Trade Post has used items for sale but conditions can vary greatly.

Prvi is one of the best available, and is usually much cheaper compared to the Big 3 manufacturers (Federal/Remington/Winchester).

Four Seasons had some 62 grain Prvi for $8 a box... [smile]

Good news - $240 for 1000 does exist. Bad news - it's at John's Gun Shop in Morrisville, VT. No shipping to MA, so you gotta drive you ass up there. More bad news - apparently the shop is now closed for a month (not sure on the details of that one). But as of Friday they're still answering the phone and responding to emails, so if you're going to be up in that area or you have someone who can pick up the ammo for you, shoot them a line:

www.johnsvtgunshop.com

BTW, I've delt with Martin at John's Gun Shop a couple times, and every time their customer service and pricing has just been spectacular. Oh how I wish, I wish, I wish they were in eastern Massachusetts...

I came home and had 1000 rnds of 62 grn sitting at my garage door :) One group buy closed out.... two more open.... NES flashlight and NES ar lower...

Good news - $240 for 1000 does exist. Bad news - it's at John's Gun Shop in Morrisville, VT. No shipping to MA, so you gotta drive you ass up there. More bad news - apparently the shop is now closed for a month (not sure on the details of that one). But as of Friday they're still answering the phone and responding to emails, so if you're going to be up in that area or you have someone who can pick up the ammo for you, shoot them a line:

www.johnsvtgunshop.com

BTW, I've delt with Martin at John's Gun Shop a couple times, and every time their customer service and pricing has just been spectacular. Oh how I wish, I wish, I wish they were in eastern Massachusetts...

With the cost of gas, that becomes closer to $340.

Not if you're already in VT.

And they DO gun shows, some fairly close to Mass, like Brattleboro, Chester and White River Junction, all in VT. They may even do Bennington.

Not if you're already in VT.

And they DO gun shows, some fairly close to Mass, like Brattleboro, Chester and White River Junction, all in VT. They may even do Bennington.

Man, I wish I had a moped with one of those baskets on the front....

Referring to the Barnaul? I'll pass. As tempting as it is, I think I need to get reloadable brass from my shooting

Referring to the Barnaul? I'll pass. As tempting as it is, I think I need to get reloadable brass from my shooting

Yeah, but how much are you willing to pay for that brass. The Barnaul is $0.24/round. The cheapest 62 grain brass cased round I could find is $0.54/round. So is brass really worth $0.30 each???

I think you're getting robbed. I'm finding 62 grain Prvi for $8 a box/$.40 per round. The 16 cent difference is definitely worth it to me considering that each case will be good for a couple of reloadings.

Not to mention the Prvi is higher quality, cleaner shooting, and is very reliable.

Back
Top Bottom