• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where are the hunters?

With friends who have dogs if they are available. Or I will just walk myself. I think I've only kicked up three pheasants in 2 years without a dog.

Woof! I'm still up for it.

I've only had a problem with one runner, and I go there several times a week all year round.

I hunt duck and pheasant, mostly. Well, I hunt just about everything, ...

I hear they taste gamey! (-;

I'm a deer hunter

I'm new to this forum, but I am a deer hunter. Right now we are enjoying the venison and sausage from this year's deer. And I'm doing a little scouting for next year!

Do any of your labs point??Mine does I cant figure it out..I have never gone hunting with her I think Im gonna try this year.

We used to joke with my father in law that he left the field and stream on the bathroom floor for his chocolate lab to read. She would point.[laugh]

I've got to object to the comments about hunting without a dog.

I know that a good dog will help out considerably, but I think 75% of people out there think the dog will hunt out of instinct, and never train them. I get a little tired of hearing people yell for their dog, or watch the dog flush birds out of range of anyone in the fields.

I hunt without a dog. Last year, I did terrible. The year before, I got my daily limit twice. I do well enough, and usually better than those with dogs (not challenging anyone).

You just have to go where the birds are - the swamps, thorns and muck. The birds don't seem to read field and stream, so they don't know what "pheasanty" cover is supposed to look like.

Check out the WMA page off of the Mass Wildlife site, to find stocked pheasant areas.

Back
Top Bottom