Where can I get bullets?

You don't mean bullets. Bullets are just the projectile.

NO, HE got it right. He wants bullets, fully understanding that they are "just the projectile."

It's people who insist upon calling cartridges "bullets" that are the problem.

Who in their right mind would want reload .22? Unless he's generalizing the .22X rifle heads....

Who in their right mind:

1. ISN'T aware that .22 LR bullets are not sold separately; and

2. Calls bullets/projectiles "rifle heads?" [rolleyes]

Clearing This Up

Ok guys,

.22LR (RIMFIRE) cannot be reloaded. Period. HOWEVER, there are CENTERFIRE cartridges that use a ~.22" bullet (.222, .223, etc). These cartridges are RELOADABLE.

In my case, I want a .22 caliber bullet to reload some .223 Remington.

Ok guys,

.22LR (RIMFIRE) cannot be reloaded. Period. HOWEVER, there are CENTERFIRE cartridges that use a ~.22" bullet (.222, .223, etc). These cartridges are RELOADABLE.

In my case, I want a .22 caliber bullet to reload some .223 Remington.

The caliber you want for reloading .223 is actually .224.

"rifle heads?"

Might be a Southern thing...be we call the bullets "Heads." I still do that up here, but you're the first person that didn't know what I was talking about.

.223 cal heads
9mm heads
.45 cal heads

so on and so forth....

When I walk into Ted's and go to the back for the boxes of NE Bullets. I tell him if I need Rifle heads and Pistol heads and he'll tell me what he's got...

Might be a Southern thing...be we call the bullets "Heads." I still do that up here, but you're the first person that didn't know what I was talking about.

We got a guy on our pistol team that calls them that. That's the only other time I've heard it (and yeah, I knew what he was talking about even though it did make me wonder what he'd been smoking).

Anyone mind pm'ing me their sources? I asked a similar question in a different thread the other day. Thanks!

Good luck with that, ace. I'm particularly intrigued by your de/re-priming procedure. This I gotta see!

Easy. Simply remove the spent primer compound and firing pin dent with a modified dental pick. Next, mix up some liquid primer, titrate the proper quantity into the case and spin it to distribute the primer around the rim. Keep spinning it until it dries. Then just resize, charge, seat, and crimp. If you get into a rhythm, you can do about 10 cases per day and save $.00001 per round. I'm going to load up a half dozen as soon as I'm done making paper and lightbulbs for the kids.

Easy. Simply remove the spent primer compound and firing pin dent with a modified dental pick. Next, mix up some liquid primer, titrate the proper quantity into the case and spin it to distribute the primer around the rim. Keep spinning it until it dries. Then just resize, charge, seat, and crimp. If you get into a rhythm, you can do about 10 cases per day and save $.00001 per round. I'm going to load up a half dozen as soon as I'm done making paper and lightbulbs for the kids.

Everyone needs a hobby! [wink]

I too, would be very greatful if I could get a PM with the online sources for ammo and bullets. This state... Gah! Don't even get me going, there are already too many threads about it ;)

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom