Where is your guns safe?

1st floor for me as stairs won't support safe's 420 lbs + my 200 + 2-3 other 200 pounders. basement could be trouble with moisture.

btw, I ripped my bicep tendon off one arming a sofa bed, like an idiot. what did you do for it? I understand that surgery can repair it. mine causes no pain and I can do almost anything with it. it just looks looks a bit odd if you look carefully.

I had it repaired. I was in a cast with my elbow bent at 90' with a sling for 3 weeks. It was July. It sucked. When the cast came off I had very little movement at the elbow or the wrist. Did lot's of PT. I am fine know. When I curl I use the pre made 110 lb barbell with no issues. Yet if I carry a 10 pound item with that arm for any length of time I get a burning sensation in my shoulder where the tendon attaches, which goes away as soon as I put the item down. I was one arming the hot tub when mine went. I felt my arm start to quiver and there was a loud pop. Then my bicep rolled up my arm toward my shoulder like a window shade. I went and sat for 20 minutes waiting for them to finish moving the hot tub, then got a 30 minute ride back to my car and them drove another 30 minutes to the hospital.

I don't actually own any guns, but I do have a nice magazine collection about them.

If I had a safe, and the house doesn't "swing with it" when a grown man walks across the floor, it should be safe pretty much anywhere.

I figure a 500lbs safe with some guns is the around same weight as a large sofa with three or four playboy bunnies frolicking on it and I'd be fine with THAT in any room in my house.

Safes are both full. So I hardened the whole room to hold the overflow.
Solid door with 3 class 3 locks mounted on 5 security hinges welded to a 2" angle iron frame. Wall studs are 8" on center, walls are 3/4" plywood glued and screwed every 8"

View attachment 127379

View attachment 127380

That's it, I am starting my room next month. I am tired of tripping over gun shit all over the house.

Nice set up, how big did you go for the room?

Rifle safe in the basement and a handgun safe upstairs mounted inside my closet wall. Works out well for me...

That's it, I am starting my room next month. I am tired of tripping over gun shit all over the house.

Nice set up, how big did you go for the room?

It is 12' x 12'. It seems to be just about right. Plenty of room for reloading/cleaning bench, reloading components and ammo.
All of the heavy duty building still takes place out in my shop where the Mill, drill press, hydraulic press, grinders, welders, torches and all other tools of mass destruction are located.

I have a 25 gun safe in my bedroom closet...Its 400lbs and lagged on the bottom and 2 sides...Its actually pretty empty. My main safe is in my garage. It weights in at 5700lbs. Crain and a counter weighted fork truck to get it in and move it around.

I have a 25 gun safe in my bedroom closet...Its 400lbs and lagged on the bottom and 2 sides...Its actually pretty empty. My main safe is in my garage. It weights in at 5700lbs. Crain and a counter weighted fork truck to get it in and move it around.

5700 pounds?? dam what are the dimensions on that baby

5700 pounds?? dam what are the dimensions on that baby

She is 7'tall X 5'wide X 3.5'Deep. Sadly the walls and doors are so thick its not overly huge inside. It was pulled from a bank I think in Wilmington,Ma. It had deposit slips in it from 1912.

Last edited:
This brings up an interesting question I have. I am going to invest in a safe or something similar, but the location I have in mind is the large closet in my master bedroom. In other words, out of sight and out of mind. Is it possible to buy something along the lines of a steel locker as opposed to a gun safe and simply attach it inside my closet? The locker would be locked obviously. I think the idea of a giant safe seems like overkill in my case. Many thanks!!

This brings up an interesting question I have. I am going to invest in a safe or something similar, but the location I have in mind is the large closet in my master bedroom. In other words, out of sight and out of mind. Is it possible to buy something along the lines of a steel locker as opposed to a gun safe and simply attach it inside my closet? The locker would be locked obviously. I think the idea of a giant safe seems like overkill in my case. Many thanks!!

Dicks and Basspro sells exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...d=12982249&cp=4406646.4413993.4414427.4414433

She is 7'tall X 5'wide X 3.5'Deep. Sadly the walls and doors are so thick its not overly huge inside. It was pulled from a bank I think in Wilmington,Ma. It had deposit slips in it from 1912.

Sounds like one hell of a safe, nice. Also one hell of an avatar....took me awhile to read your response [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom