Where would you go to find?

Where would you go to find a good selection of Trap and Skeet shotguns? I know every shop has its own niche; some are mainly handgun shops or mainly AR/AK shops. I am looking for a shop that has a decent selection of competition shotguns that I can shoulder and get an idea how they feel. I would prefer shops in the Metrowest area but I would travel on a decent recomendation. Thanks in advance for your help

You SHOULD spend hours. A shotgun really needs to be fitted like a fine suit. The skill and willingness to get this right is an almost lost art. I remember one of the guys at the old Horton's shop used to take appointments for this. No idea who is the recommended person to see these days.

Greg over at AG Guns in Lowell still does this, although you should call in advance and make sure he will be in. Last I was there he had a pretty good selection of shotguns.

Yeah, this place is well worth the trip. They have a huge selection of shotguns ranging in price from <$500 to $5K. You will find what you want there.

Without a doubt, Northshore firearms is the place to go for shotguns. They carry a wide array of all sorts. Both owners shoot skeet and should be helpful in finding what your looking for

I ended up with a Xtrema2 when I went on my search... it took me about 4 months to finally get one in hand but it was worth the wait. Take your time and get exactly what you want. Your search could bring you all the over.

A ride up to Kittery Trading Post is always nice just to see the selection and get a feel of different models.

Second the comment on Kittery. Bought a used trap gun for my wife there several years ago. Lot of choices.

Hunters Trading Post in Weymouth another choice.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom