Which Red Dot for 870?

Hey All,

I've been looking at different Red Dot sights for my Remington 870 (thanks hminsky!). I've settled (I think) on:

Truglo TG8360B http://truglo.com/content/products/firearm/red_dots/reddot_multi-reticle_opent.asp

or

ATN Ultra http://www.atncorp.com/units/dayoptics/opencollimatingreflexsights/atn-ultra-sight

Looking for opinions, experience etc. Not too concerned about price although the Truglo is cheaper. I have experience with the ATN on an AR, which was awesome, but I am interested in the TruGlo for the dual colors. And it is more compact which might look better on the receiver.

Thanks in advance,
Jay

I did come across the Burris. Good looking sight but 3 times what I can get the Truglo for and almost twice the cost of ATN. Thanks for the recommendation though, always good to hear about dependable products

DSC00032.jpg

This little bugger has been on everything I own that has a mount. Was on my 870 deer gun for many years. Tasco propoint the battery also last a long long time takes 1 Cr2034? battery. currently sits on my 22AR

Thanks again for comments,

I like the looks of the TG8030B but for shotgun use I was looking more for an open, reflex type sight.

The Tasco looks to be about the same and their "open" model is a bit more than Truglo's

+1 on the truglo. I put one on my Mossberg with great results with one exception.. it is almost TOO bright in the dark, even on the lowest setting. The green will damn near blind you. It is more than bright enough for the sunniest of days though!

I have seen a few trap shooters with the burris sight, 2007 mass state shoot. The guy I talked to said he was unsure if it helped or not? I like how it mounts on the reminton between the stock and reciever. I just wonder if the tang on the stock is thick enough on all remington stocks to allow the tang to still go into the reciever to keep the stock from twisting. This would not work on my high comb trap gun.

I stand corrected, just checked out the install on the website.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom