Which would you recommend

Well I am looking into a club to join. The ones that are closest to me are.
Tyngsboro Sportsmen's Club
Westford Sportsmen's Club
Lowell Sportsmens's Club
Littleton Sportsmens's Club

I did a quick search on each one individually but what I am looking for is people who have been to more than one of each of these and their opinions. I know people at Tyngsbory but it is my understanding they are on a wait list to get in. Pretty sure I would have no problem getting into Lowell as I know a few people that go there also and it is my understanding that membership is open at this time. Littleton is two seconds from my work but I don't even know if they are open anymore, does not look like it when I drive by. Westford has been recommended but is probably the furthest drive (not really that much longer so not a real issue) and I don't think I know any current members.

Thanks for the help.
Randy

I can't say anything either way about any of the clubs you mentioned. I can say that Harvard would be my first choice. I made the mistake of picking a club because it was close to me. Obnoxious paranoia abounded. Now I can draw from a holster and I am not treated like a criminal.

Well I am looking into a club to join. The ones that are closest to me are.
Tyngsboro Sportsmen's Club
Westford Sportsmen's Club
Lowell Sportsmens's Club
Littleton Sportsmens's Club

Randy
I have shot at all four of these clubs (indoor bullseye pistol league) with the club that I belong too. I would recommend either Tyngsboro or Westford. I have used Westford's outdoor ranges and the are decent. Tyngsboro is building a new indoor pistol range. Not sure how far along they are. Littleton is still an active club.

Bob

Thanks Bob, that seems to be the general consesus I am getting. Tyngsboro would be my first choice as I have friends that are members but then again that would just mean I have two choices ;) BTW I am in Chelmsford also so that is why the choices.

Randy

Westford has a meeting next Monday so I may just go down there and check it out. Site says you can put in an application then.

I second the notion for checking out the Harvard Sportsmens Club before you join anywhere else. Locally, it's known as Daytime Disneyland. Great club with amazing facilities.

Looks pretty decent but I think it is a little to far for what I am looking for and I would still need a sponsor. Maybe I will take a ride by there to see where it is and take a look. I still think either Tyngsboro or Westford would be my first choice though.

Thanks,
Randy

To join Harvard, if you don't already know anyone at the club, the Membership Chair will serve as your sponsor. It's really just a formality.

Good to know thanks. I will have to take a drive by there this weekend to check out the facilities. Do you think there would be a problem if I stopped by to talk to somebody and look around? Or should I call first and maybe set up a time?

I am trying to get as much information as possible before I make my decision but I also would like to sign up somewhere soon. [smile]

Westford will be open to the public Saturday morning starting at 9:00 for Sporting Clays and Sunday starting at 1:00 for Trap. I'm pretty that Jim will also be around the pistol range on Sunday afternoon. I'll be there a little bit before the membership meeting Monday evening. Sponsors are pretty much a formality.

Ken

Just to follow up, I ended up putting in an application at Tyngsboro. Simply because I know a few people who go there. We were there this weekend, so we asked about the membership. Also got to check out the new indoor range which looks like it is going to be pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom