Who has a Truck Vault?

jasonj84

NES Member
On the fence on buying a truck vault. Already have a very secure hard rolling tonneau cover. Looking for feedback from anyone who has one installed. Cons: obviously some loss of bed space. Thank you.

I opted for a V-Line Rifle Safe Rifle Case-Home Defense Rifle Safe - V-Line bolted/chained to the chassis. I drilled holes in the end with the hinge and passed a case-hardened chain through with the locks on the chain inside the case. A few metal bolts just to hold it down but the chain does the job. A blanket over it and a box of oil, jumper cables, etc. on top.

There was a good deal on one on CL. Decided to go with rear under seat setup Instead. Posted a link in the deals and steals thread, if anyone is interested. No affiliation with the seller.

I opted for a V-Line Rifle Safe Rifle Case-Home Defense Rifle Safe - V-Line bolted/chained to the chassis. I drilled holes in the end with the hinge and passed a case-hardened chain through with the locks on the chain inside the case. A few metal bolts just to hold it down but the chain does the job. A blanket over it and a box of oil, jumper cables, etc. on top.
We use the VLine Closet Vault at home. Holds 3 long guns. We keep our loaded home-defense weapons (Remington 870 tactical shotgun and stainless Mini 14 ranch rifle) in it for quick access but MA legal locked storage. In the pickup, I installed a locking heavy-duty truck box behind the cab. We use it to transport unloaded and cased rifles and shotguns. Still not sure how to install a locking long gun case in Jill's Toyota RAV4.

Back
Top Bottom