Why buy dozens of AR magazines?

A lot of soldiers that shoot at the W.P.W/AFSAM matches shoot prone with the magazine on the ground. Never had a problem with accuracy or functioning.

B

When I was in the Army in Israel magazines and .223 ammo was like sugar packets and straws. I had so much of the stuff I didn't know what to do with it all. When I was discharged I had maybe five or six magazines in my closet along with boxes upon boxes of 5.56 and chains of ammo for my Negev LMG. A lot of it just got thrown out. I swear that on any Israeli army base/outpost a small war can be conducted by just the loose ammo and components on the ground. We would open up boxes of fifty bullets and fill our mags with 29 and just chuck the rest wherever. The stuff was everywhere. Who cared?? I never knew that in the US the stuff was so hard to come by. If I ever go back to Israel to do my reserve duty I will never look at that stuff the same way again. Truthfully it shows a bit of lack of professionalism and wastefulness of what we were doing. But like I said above ketchup packets and plastic forks.

eh... i would really put a lot of emphasis on not doing that. the rifles going to act like a see-saw (or however thats spelt) since the pivot point is now in the middle of the rifle. your also going to cuase heavy, heavy wear on your magazine catch button. if your going to use a bipod, you should have it as forward as possible on the rifle, not in the center.

I tried it because I was shooting to the right with my bipod at 200 yds as I was canting the rifle slightly. Using the mag as a support produced better results than the bipod. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

PS Coolie recommends padding the bottom of the mag to protect the floorplate and mag tube.

I tried it because I was shooting to the right with my bipod at 200 yds as I was canting the rifle slightly. Using the mag as a support produced better results than the bipod. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

PS Coolie recommends padding the bottom of the mag to protect the floorplate and mag tube.

ill have to give it a shot next time i go shooting.

If you decide you like the magazine monopod, Magpul L-plates are a nice addition to your mags. The Ranger plates are taller, and allow the rifle to bounce a little on that big loop.

I'll probably just borrow Nickle's AR at the Bennington Appleseed Shoot just to try out the prone position with it.

Cheryl's now, 16" barrel and collapsible stock. I'll bring it.

Mine is waiting receivers from the group buy.

Still need to get another receiver set, and put my 20" barrel back in use.

just for comparisons sake, here are 4 of my AR mags

10, 20, 30 & 40.
10203040.jpg

Okay, so now the noob question after reading all this-

I'm in MA and just beginning- what's the easiest way for *me* to get good quality 30s? I have one 5 and one 20. I've gone to a few shows and the material was crap.

PM me.

I'm in MA and just beginning- what's the easiest way for *me* to get good quality 30s? I have one 5 and one 20. I've gone to a few shows and the material was crap.

PM me.

PM sent for new 20, 30 and 40's. preban

PM me.
Same here. Just bought a preban AR and would like a few 30s and 20s. Copy those PMs my way please? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom