• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Will The CMP be going away now???

The CMP http://www.odcmp.com/
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is a national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible uses of firearms and airguns through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions. The CMP is a federally chartered 501(c)(3) corporation that places its highest priority on serving youth through gun safety and marksmanship activities that encourage personal growth and build life skills. Links on this page will lead you to more detailed information about the CMP and its programs. Statutory mission. The federal law enacted in 1996 (Title 36 U. S. Code, 0701-40733) that created the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and Firearms Safety, Inc. (CPRPFS, the formal legal name of the CMP) mandates these key “functions for the corporation:

The CMP also sells MI rifles and M1 Carbines they get from the military...
http://www.odcmp.com/sales.htm

So I guess Obama is a gun seller to? Looks like the suppy of M1's and M1 Carbines are about to dry up for good! Oh ya and the CMP sells ammo in bulk too!
[thinking]

Based on what? Obama didn't sign anything that would touch the CMP. Wasn't one of those EOs to support gun education!!

IBTL! This thread doesn't even make sense!

The CMP http://www.odcmp.com/
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is a national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible uses of firearms and airguns through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions. The CMP is a federally chartered 501(c)(3) corporation that places its highest priority on serving youth through gun safety and marksmanship activities that encourage personal growth and build life skills. Links on this page will lead you to more detailed information about the CMP and its programs. Statutory mission. The federal law enacted in 1996 (Title 36 U. S. Code, 0701-40733) that created the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and Firearms Safety, Inc. (CPRPFS, the formal legal name of the CMP) mandates these key “functions for the corporation:

The CMP also sells MI rifles and M1 Carbines they get from the military...
http://www.odcmp.com/sales.htm

So I guess Obama is a gun seller to? Looks like the suppy of M1's and M1 Carbines are about to dry up for good! Oh ya and the CMP sells ammo in bulk too!
[thinking]
What happens when you "guess" is that you risk being wrong. You are wrong. Go READ.

I agree with Mike01824 nothing there to touch CMP nationally. New York may be different story. CMP matches shot 8 +2. Evil.

I agree with Mike01824 nothing there to touch CMP nationally. New York may be different story. CMP matches shot 8 +2. Evil.

[FONT=659b3030bf4e3336072491b0#a00d00]ATF is required to authorize the importation of certain[/FONT][FONT=659b3038bf4e33be072491b0#a00d00]“curio or relic” [FONT=659b3030bf4e3336072491b0#a00d00]firearms, and outdated regulations include all firearms manufactured more than 50 years ago [/FONT][FONT=659b3038bf4e33be072491b0#a00d00]in the definition of “curio or [/FONT][FONT=659b3030bf4e3336072491b0#a00d00]relic.[/FONT][FONT=659b3038bf4e33be072491b0#a00d00]”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=659b3030bf4e3336072491b0#a00d00]
But today, firearms manufactured more than 50 years ago include large numbers of semiautomatic military-surplus rifles, some of which are easily convertible into machine guns or otherwise appealing for use in crime.

Congress should get rid of restrictions that prevent ATF from changing this definition, enabling ATF to ensure that firearms imported as curios or relics are actually of interest as collectibles, rather than letting these rules be used as a way to acquire fully functional and powerful military weapons.

It is the Government that allows the M1 and M1 Carbines in. If you even bothered to read some of the proposed Feinstein bills she wants to ban the M1 carbine. The CMP sells 50+ year old military semi automatic rifles (M1 and M1 carbine) they get from the military who reimports them from countries we lended them to. Now why do you think Obama wants Congress to get rid of restrictions that prevent ATF from changing this definition? Do you think that is to allow the ATF to import more old 50 year old semi automatic weapons to sell to the public? Deadly military semi automatc weapon....hummmm isn't that what he is fighting against??? So he wants the ATF freedom to allow more M1 and M1 Carbines in? So if the suppy of M1 and M1 Carbines is cut off what will the CMP have to sell? Look at the words they uses...it is slanted against semi automatic military rifles...which the M1 and M1 carbine are!
One of the great parts of the CMP was to be able to but weapons and ammo. Do you think Obama is
going to continue to give government surplus semi automatic rifkes to the CMP what ih has declared in want to ban military semi automatic rifles? Heck he and feinstein has stated the consifer a bayonet lug a feature of an assault weapon. Guess what the M1 and M1 carbine have?
Remember the ban will come in many forms and many directions...
[/FONT]

[FONT=659b3030bf4e3336072491b0#a00d00]ATF is required to authorize the importation of certain[/FONT][FONT=659b3038bf4e33be072491b0#a00d00]“curio or relic” [FONT=659b3030bf4e3336072491b0#a00d00]firearms, and outdated regulations include all firearms manufactured more than 50 years ago [/FONT][FONT=659b3038bf4e33be072491b0#a00d00]in the definition of “curio or [/FONT][FONT=659b3030bf4e3336072491b0#a00d00]relic.[/FONT][FONT=659b3038bf4e33be072491b0#a00d00]”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=659b3030bf4e3336072491b0#a00d00]
But today, firearms manufactured more than 50 years ago include large numbers of semiautomatic military-surplus rifles, some of which are easily convertible into machine guns or otherwise appealing for use in crime.

Congress should get rid of restrictions that prevent ATF from changing this definition, enabling ATF to ensure that firearms imported as curios or relics are actually of interest as collectibles, rather than letting these rules be used as a way to acquire fully functional and powerful military weapons.

It is the Government that allows the M1 and M1 Carbines in. If you even bothered to read some of the proposed Feinstein bills she wants to ban the M1 carbine. The CMP sells 50+ year old military semi automatic rifles (M1 and M1 carbine) they get from the military who reimports them from countries we lended them to. Now why do you think Obama wants Congress to get rid of restrictions that prevent ATF from changing this definition? Do you think that is to allow the ATF to import more old 50 year old semi automatic weapons to sell to the public? Deadly military semi automatc weapon....hummmm isn't that what he is fighting against??? So he wants the ATF freedom to allow more M1 and M1 Carbines in? So if the suppy of M1 and M1 Carbines is cut off what will the CMP have to sell? Look at the words they uses...it is slanted against semi automatic military rifles...which the M1 and M1 carbine are!
One of the great parts of the CMP was to be able to but weapons and ammo. Do you think Obama is
going to continue to give government surplus semi automatic rifkes to the CMP what ih has declared in want to ban military semi automatic rifles? Heck he and feinstein has stated the consifer a bayonet lug a feature of an assault weapon. Guess what the M1 and M1 carbine have?
Remember the ban will come in many forms and many directions...
[/FONT]

Either post the link to where you are finding this or shut up.

We want proof. Nothing I saw in the proposed executive actions even mentioned importation of firearms.

Either post the link to where you are finding this or shut up.

We want proof. Nothing I saw in the proposed executive actions even mentioned importation of firearms.

We ???? Since when do YOU speak for anyone but yourself? What are you the Forum NAZI ? Who died and appointed you GOD? You made have made 3128 post but that doesn't mean squat other than you like to see you name and opinion here.
As for my post... if you had the intelligence to read it... I asked a question then refered to the fact that the President want congress to let the ATF call the shots in deciding what is an assault weapon. If Obama is: 1) anti gun 2) bushing gun control and the 3) CMP gets all of the guns it sell from the GOV. DO YOU THINK Obama is actually going to continue to provide the M1 Carbine (Feinstein wanta is classified as an assault rifle) to the CMP? If the ATF has the power to classify any semiautomatic rifle with a bayonet lug as an attribute of an assault rifle , and the anti gun BS is against military rifles.. you think Obama is going to continue to supply M1's to the CMP? Without Gov support of providing the rifles and ammo how long do you think the CMP will exhist? I am just trying to point out some dangers i see... If you don't like the message I posted, fine... I really don't care.
But I do care about Forum NAZI's like you who have an overinflated opinion of themself, like to see their opinion in print and like to try to tell other people what to do!

Last edited:
CMP received my Garand order on 1/3/2013. This should be interesting to see if ever shows up now.

-JR

We ???? Since when do YOU speak for anyone but yourself? What are you the Forum NAZI ? Who died and appointed you GOD? You made have made 3128 post but that doesn't mean squat other than you like to see you name and opinion here.
As for my post... if you had the intelligence to read it... I asked a question then refered to the fact that the President want congress to let the ATF call the shots in deciding what is an assault weapon. If Obama is: 1) anti gun 2) bushing gun control and the 3) CMP gets all of the guns it sell from the GOV. DO YOU THINK Obama is actually going to continue to provide the M1 Carbine (Feinstein wanta is classified as an assault rifle) to the CMP? If the ATF has the power to classify any semiautomatic rifle with a bayonet lug as an attribute of an assault rifle , and the anti gun BS is against military rifles.. you think Obama is going to continue to supply M1's to the CMP? Without Gov support of providing the rifles and ammo how long do you think the CMP will exhist? I am just trying to point out some dangers i see... If you don't like the message I posted, fine... I really don't care.
But I do care about Forum NAZI's like you who have an overinflated opinion of themself, like to see their opinion in print and like to try to tell other people what to do!

The CMP is not controlled by the government. The government has donated rifles to the CMP. The ATF does not currently have the power classify a gun an AW because there is no law relating to it since the 1994 ban expired in 2004. Even then, that ban had an exemption for the M1 carbine and all commercial models.

Also the CMP doesn't get firearms imported via companies like Century Arms, so the ATF's ability to regulate importation doesn't even affect the CMP since all their rifles are donated by the military from NATO allies who give back the M1 Garands and Carbines we lent them.

Korea wanted to sell the carbines back to us so we said no.

And the "We" is on behalf of the THREE other posters who asked you to cite your sources. I asked for a source. Since you don't seem to be willing to give us a source, what you say is regarded as FUD.

From 1916 until 1996 the CMP was administered by the U.S. Army. Title XVI of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1996 (Public Law 104-106, 10 February 1996) created the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice & Firearms Safety (CPRPFS) to take over administration and promotion of the CMP.[2] The CPRPFS is a tax-exempt non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation chartered by the U.S. Congress, but is not an agency of the U.S. government (Title 36, United States Code, Section 40701 et seq.). Apart from a donation of surplus .22 and .30 caliber rifles in the Army's inventory to the CMP, the CMP receives no federal funding.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_Marksmanship_Program

Back
Top Bottom