Will we see the return of Gun Shows in New England this year?

Lol, does any dealer with inventory even need the hassle of a show (and its tire kicking skinflint crowd) to sell guns in this market?

last show i attended was during obamascare where i stood in awe of the price of ammo. this was the wilmington show. saw a brick of winchester .22's for $120...i wanted to report a crime. if they start having them again i can't wait to hear the skinflints cry this time cause there were very few deals on the show floor then, i doubt they'll be any now.. wondering how that ammo guy from n.y. is holding up?

Because its a bunch of fat white guys hurrying around a gunshow up and down every aisle sweating their balls off trying to find the best deal.. In other words, the most exercise they have gotten besides a hurried 11 yard speed walk to the fridge for a pint of ice cream during a Patriot game commercial break.
Now be fair. There is one old fat white guy that is 11 yards from his fridge. 5 max! (I'm not fat, but I'm well beyond that. 12 feet to the stairs. 13 stairs of 12 feet total, 10 more feet to the fridge. That's 36, baby!!!! 12 yards!!!!)

These shows were such a hassle. Finding parking. Paying an admission charge. Cramped in like sardines. no ammo that you were looking for. Never find a deal. Twice as many raffle vendors as gun vendors. Awful and expensive food.

God I miss them.

Get there early. We tend to arrive about 90 minutes early. We sit and smoke a cigar in the car, then saunter into line.

At a hamfest I once saw someone

er).

I can see a Rib Fest. But a whole festival for ham??? I like ham, but that's too much. ;)

Remember to Faker, gun businesses are NOT essential. Sports definitely are essential. I would expect him to ban gun shows and wait for a lawsuit, or make the restrictions 10% of the restrictions for a sporting event, just to ensure it isn't profitable to even think about running a show.

I only attended one gun show down South. It was in a NG armory in Ft. Lauderdale area and as small as it was, it blew the socks off of the (at the time large shows up here). This was in the 1990s too. I tried to find the big show down there but couldn't find the location and a neighboring town police officer had no clue where it was either.
That could backfire. He decides to treat it unfairly. He gets a slap down by a federal judge. Now it's precedent for any type of restriction later.

Where was the show in Danvers? I never heard of that one. Struggling to imagine where it would be

Ferncroft. That fancy hotel with the golf course. It was a S-show. I don't think the hotel had any idea how many people were going to come thru. They packed the entire parking lot, then up and down teh drive. There was a backup on Rt 1S. I think teh doors opened at 9:30. We were backing out of our parking spot at 9:42. It was that crowded.

That show was one-and-done. (There might have been an issue with Wilmington in that particular year.)

I used to enjoy meeting up with NES'rs at those gun shows, but the prices of everything is such a turn-off that I no longer care.
Combine both hobbies: operate a station inside:
  • NES runners bring you ammo price quotes.
  • You submit radiograms to NTS.
  • The Usual Suspects pluck the traffic off of the net, and transcribe it to NES.
  • Everyone involved makes Public Service Honor Roll for the month.
Lol, does any dealer with inventory even need the hassle of a show (and its tire kicking skinflint crowd) to sell guns in this market?
I fancy it's a drag to work closing shift at a diner.

But the thought of packing a U-Haul with a shop's oddball inventory,
schlepping it all onto folding tables,
and then moving the outstanding 95% of it back at the end of the show... [shocked]

Revenue has to come from somewhere, but yeesh...

I can see a Rib Fest. But a whole festival for ham??? I like ham, but that's too much. ;)

I remember the Manchester Gunshow right after the Newtown Shooting. I was
actually the second Person there at 6am. The Show opened at 9am.

When they opened, the line went down the Hall, Back up to the Door, over
to the Restaurant and Lobby, continuing to the other Meeting Rooms, back to
the Front Door, outside to the side of the Hotel. When I left the Show, I ate
Breakfast at the Restaurant. I finished at 11am and was leaving Walking past
the line, it was still all the way to the Street.

I knew if there were any Deals to be had, you needed to be there EARLY. Talking
to the other guys while waiting, I told them I was looking for some 30rd PMAGs.
The ones I saw on the tables were going for $65 Each. Idiots were paying that
Price too! One of the guys I was talking to said to go to a certain Vendor he
has them under the table for $20 Each. I went there and asked for 8 Mags.
He bent down and put them in a brown paper bag. We Exchanged $$ for
the Bag, and I walked out with a Sh*t Eating Grin on my Face, Knowing
others were paying 3+ times as much.

Malodave

last show i attended was during obamascare where i stood in awe of the price of ammo. this was the wilmington show. saw a brick of winchester .22's for $120...i wanted to report a crime. if they start having them again i can't wait to hear the skinflints cry this time cause there were very few deals on the show floor then, i doubt they'll be any now.. wondering how that ammo guy from n.y. is holding up?

Is it a crime if retards voluntarily pay that kind of money?

If there is a show in Marlboro in June I definitely would want to check it out.

I'm almost morbidly curious to go just to see how awful it is. You know, like in a watching a train wreck kind of way. Except this would be like searching for the remnants of the childrens train at like Bensons animal farm or one of the other defunct zoos in new england from the 80s or 90s.

I'm almost morbidly curious to go just to see how awful it is. You know, like in a watching a train wreck kind of way. Except this would be like searching for the remnants of the childrens train at like Bensons animal farm or one of the other defunct zoos in new england from the 80s or 90s.
AR dirty Sanchez prebans for $110???

You forgot smelly people...LOL
HAM fest has that covered, ...
You never forget your first smelly person. @drgrant wants to be a part of the solution.

You railfans are a caution.

Some fat people just start sweating and breathing hard while eating.. WHILE EATING !!!
You've done it now! Send us your address! A group of us fat guys will come and sit on you and smother you to death! (just as soon as we can waddle there...)
Who cares, they suck ass nowadays anyway lol
Yes. they did.

I don't foresee anything in NH. After DiPrete pulled out, the only one left was the Bektash Shrine in Concord and some other little one I hit north of Concord. Usual situation. Limited guns; lots of knives and other crap; old, over-priced guns or new, over-priced guns. Yawn.

Actually if there's a case for wearing masks for protection against gross stuff in the air, a gun show is the perfect venue.
Useless. They don't work against the smell of smokers, either. It just contaminates the mask. Uggh!
That I can’t believe the amount of posts ban 30 round mags I see sold down there as prebans to people who have no clue....
And the legitimate stuff it’s just so over priced you could just buy it online and have it mailed to your house
Went to the Barre (VT) show years ago during Ban 1. Some dealer was selling an FAL style rifle with all of the evil features. I looked at the receiver and knew it wasn't something that had been imported during the legal time. I felt sorry for whoever was going to buy it, and disgusted at the dealer.
I used to go to the big gun shows in Syracuse and Albany New York back in the early 90s they were great shows. Way before the state went to shit with its laws.
Went to the Albany and Syracuse shows when we lived in Rutland. Back when NY at least allowed non-residents to buy long guns. Not anymore.

Back
Top Bottom