Winter Warrior 2021-2022 Postal Match for Iron Sight Military Rifles

Took my pre-war 1940 MAS36 for a run a few weeks ago as well...

Target 1 - 91-1x
Almost held the black...
View attachment 594478

Target 2 - 94-1x

Better grouping here but it's hard to tell if that shot in the 8 ring broke the line....it's close!
View attachment 594479
If I were scoring a match, I'd definitely give you the 9- you can see the dark mark from the bullet definitely crosses into the 9 ring.

Looks like we are getting some days with sub-freezing weather. Getting close to shutting this down and drawing a prize winner, but could be an opportunity for some last minute entries.

Gonna try a target or two tomorrow. Not sure if the weather will qualify, might be cold enough and/or some dregs of snow. Should be fun either way.

Gonna try a target or two tomorrow. Not sure if the weather will qualify, might be cold enough and/or some dregs of snow. Should be fun either way.
I heard there was still snow at the range and its been cold here. I might get out thursaday for lunch , not sure with what.
Maybe the enfield as I have at least 10 rounds loaded that I know of .

Me, this time of year:

Time to tally up the entries and pull a winner out of the hat. Maybe this weekend? Maybe next...

Thats funny , fliods back memories we had a “mountain” dog mutt
My dad would pile up a shit ton of snow in the dark corner behind the front stairs toward winters end so our dog charlie could lay in it. Charlie would love to go out and lay down while it was snowing and let himself get covered.

My dad would pile up a shit ton of snow in the dark corner behind the front stairs toward winters end so our dog charlie could lay in it. Charlie would love to go out and lay down while it was snowing and let himself get covered.
Our Rottweiler would get accustomed to doing his business on the snow during winter. As the weather warmed, he'd seek out that last patch of snow. He liked snow in general and our GSD still does.

1648821155997.png

Snow and ice are Kaija's favorite things!

12.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

My daughter says it was freezing today at the club
87 , the rear sight base is kinda shitty and the serrations are awful weak . I need a much taller front sight. I had to hold the bottom edge of the SR target to get what you see here

The lower groups where my oldest daughters groups she was holding 6 oclcock on the lower targets. For the most part she was holding black bull size groups. Not terrible for a few years off.
6531CEE2-B3DF-45F4-98A6-AA6F2FC95CE6.jpeg200CF3CE-81D8-4B2B-BB1B-12CA0D8D1E33.jpeg

I cant imagine aluminum serrations holding up very long. The important part is it looks good. Nice shooting

My daughter says it was freezing today at the club
87 , the rear sight base is kinda shitty and the serrations are awful weak . I need a much taller front sight. I had to hold the bottom edge of the SR target to get what you see here

The lower groups where my oldest daughters groups she was holding 6 oclcock on the lower targets. For the most part she was holding black bull size groups. Not terrible for a few years off.
View attachment 598788View attachment 598789
Who drilled and tapped for that front sight? Looks good.

Who drilled and tapped for that front sight? Looks good.
Greg Derr - had him mount a front sight base. So I could just find a taller front sight base and change between different globes
I would like to fabricate a base to take a M1 front sight.

I have a few different bases from
Steve Earl Products

Target 1: 80-1x
20220404_162903.jpg

I had precisely 10 .323 150gr projectiles left, so no opportunity for sighters/practice, etc.

I pulled one off paper, otherwise not great, not terrible I guess. I have much better luck with 200gr Nosler Custom Comps.

I used AA2495 for these.
20220330_143918.jpg

20220330_143914.jpg

[party]Congrats @45collector ! I would have put money on someone posting multiple targets to get the random draw- @cjrubes , @cetme24 , or perhaps last year's winner @wegman . If I recall correctly, 45collector was doubtful about having a chance to hit the range and just submitted that one target. Only takes one to win the drawing!

Fabulous (LOL) prizes for our winner 45collector: Brownells website was wonky tonight, but as soon as I can arrange it there's a $75 gift cert / card for our winner plus a M1 bandolier full of NOS enblocs (PM your email as I think I can send the gift cert direct to you). Also if you can pick up in the Worcester area or at Old Colony I have 3 sleeves of 100 primers to give away. I have several types now- PM what types you might need and I'll see what I gots. If you can't pick up primers and/or don't reload perhaps we can hold a second drawing for those. Gift card can likely be emailed and I can mail the bandoleer on my dime.

Coolest entry ever has to be @cetme24 's Vickers, which also punched out a damn fine score too.

aaa7f9e6-cb76-4904-a69d-4a2c53c5e74d-jpeg.561870

Lots of other great hardware made this year's contest nice to watch. Also tons of great scores.

Pending results of the testing for PED's, top score and Winter Warrior title goes to @cjrubes . [party] 99-4X with his 1906 Oberndorf Gew98m if I recall correctly. There's a new convenient procedure for submitting your drug test. Just pull over at 24 Beacon St in Boston and you can deposit the sample directly onto the lawn. [laugh] Kidding aside, great shooting! Next closest score was @dw617 with a 98-3X delivered by a Garand with a fresh barrel.

Did anyone shoot colder than me? 6 degrees F and ~minus 12 wind chill. All time record for me is minus 7F and if it ever gets colder than that I'll be at the range. I didn't get a chance to shoot the AR7 during the Winter Warrior but will give it try next time to the range.

Thanks everyone for making this a very enjoyable and interesting thread. Until next winter!

[party]Congrats @45collector ! I would have put money on someone posting multiple targets to get the random draw- @cjrubes , @cetme24 , or perhaps last year's winner @wegman . If I recall correctly, 45collector was doubtful about having a chance to hit the range and just submitted that one target. Only takes one to win the drawing!

Fabulous (LOL) prizes for our winner 45collector: Brownells website was wonky tonight, but as soon as I can arrange it there's a $75 gift cert / card for our winner plus a M1 bandolier full of NOS enblocs (PM your email as I think I can send the gift cert direct to you). Also if you can pick up in the Worcester area or at Old Colony I have 3 sleeves of 100 primers to give away. I have several types now- PM what types you might need and I'll see what I gots. If you can't pick up primers and/or don't reload perhaps we can hold a second drawing for those. Gift card can likely be emailed and I can mail the bandoleer on my dime.

Coolest entry ever has to be @cetme24 's Vickers, which also punched out a damn fine score too.

Lots of other great hardware made this year's contest nice to watch. Also tons of great scores.

Pending results of the testing for PED's, top score and Winter Warrior title goes to @cjrubes . [party] 99-4X with his 1906 Oberndorf Gew98m if I recall correctly. There's a new convenient procedure for submitting your drug test. Just pull over at 24 Beacon St in Boston and you can deposit the sample directly onto the lawn. [laugh] Kidding aside, great shooting! Next closest score was @dw617 with a 98-3X delivered by a Garand with a fresh barrel.

Did anyone shoot colder than me? 6 degrees F and ~minus 12 wind chill. All time record for me is minus 7F and if it ever gets colder than that I'll be at the range. I didn't get a chance to shoot the AR7 during the Winter Warrior but will give it try next time to the range.

Thanks everyone for making this a very enjoyable and interesting thread. Until next winter!

Thanks for running it again and congrats to all the winners and participants!

Wow thank you!
This has been a pretty rough 6 months for me bro’s. There’s a lot of shit going on and I won’t bore y’all with it but it’s therapy to come to this forum and participate in stuff like this. I look forward to some day that NES shoots will resume somewhere, in NH presumably. It’s always fun to meet new folks and there’s a lot of you out there I’ve had some good laughs with at shoots. Miss you guys!
I can definitely use all those prizes! ;)
I was thinking about hitting IDPA @ Old Colony soon (I think it’s been a year since I’ve shot there). I’ll PM you now.
Thanks again guys. Yet again NES brightens my day. ;)

Wow thank you!
This has been a pretty rough 6 months for me bro’s. There’s a lot of shit going on and I won’t bore y’all with it but it’s therapy to come to this forum and participate in stuff like this. I look forward to some day that NES shoots will resume somewhere, in NH presumably. It’s always fun to meet new folks and there’s a lot of you out there I’ve had some good laughs with at shoots. Miss you guys!
I can definitely use all those prizes! ;)
I was thinking about hitting IDPA @ Old Colony soon (I think it’s been a year since I’ve shot there). I’ll PM you now.
Thanks again guys. Yet again NES brightens my day. ;)
Welcome, and glad we could spread a little sunshine. Usually we are focused on spreading BS. [smile]

I miss the shoots as well. If no shoots, would be nice to have a big BBQ or something.

A little late; been doing yard work instead of shooting. Had the front sight of the German VZ24 re-attached. Forgot my scope. 20 rounds new PPU. 10 rounds and 4 trips down range to check. Settled at 1 click elevation and 6:00 low. Then 10 rounds right fire for effect🐰
t

Attachments

• 26837EC7-F6BE-47BC-B01D-FB926B804621.jpeg
    26837EC7-F6BE-47BC-B01D-FB926B804621.jpeg
    454.7 KB · Views: 1

I just missed Cetme24 that day he left a nice brown spot in the freshly covered berm. Someday we will knowingly cross paths…..im sure we have but im awful at putting names/faces together into memory.

Back
Top Bottom