wolf 223?

I'm delighted to find an exception to the AR15com standard rule of thumb. If more shooters were like you the world would be a better place...and the guns would see a lot more action. Again, no disrespect (just the opposite), but you shoot a Colt AR and 1911 and a rare HK...and....thats far from what I would consider cheap guns. Personally if I was given a few grand and said, "here go buy a gun to shoot" I would not be running to the Colt isle. As an investment, yes, but like JonJ said, I'd be psychologically blocked from shooting cheap ammo through 'expensive' guns. I have not reached that plateau of life where I can afford ALL the things I want, only the vast majority of them and I'm extremely picky about my weaponry. I don't buy investment guns hoping to turn them for a profit some day. I don't know which way you swing so don't take any of what I said the wrong way.

I have yet to try any steel in my pistols (save for my Para) so I can't comment. But yes, it is extremely messy stuff. I actually like it messy (no not in the naughty way). After a range session, I get to clean and SEE results rather than wiping a thin layer of black off already black/blued parts parts.

I'm on the fence about the feeding the Russian economy, but like you said, there is also China. No offense to any Russians or Chinese here, naturally. When I 'invest' in Russia or China, I think of it more as using them to get cheap stuff. True, not a real rationale, but it makes me feel better. For me, imposing a personal embargo is useless, unless it is against a restaurant that has wronged me, then it's all out war. I'm not mailing a few hundred dollars to the Kremlin or Beijing. The money has already been spent by a local dealer who in turn got it from a distributer, who got it from an importer. The movement of this stuff has already been stimulating the US economy before it ever reaches my ammo pile and if I don't buy it, someone else will. I'm in US manufacturing but love imports because it saves me money, so I am a complete hypocrite no matter how you slice it.

Hey, like I posted before, I'm sure we can agree on a lot of other topics.

Hey, like I said, no offense to anyone. So long as you own and shoot guns, I don't care what you shoot or what you're shooting out of, you're OK with me. [smile]

After a few days of shooting at my place in NH this weekend, I had an epiphany...and no it didn't hurt.

Q

I still like commie ammo though. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom