Wolf White box 7.62x39 thoughts?

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Anyone try this stuff yet? got any reviews? A quick search didn't turn up anything.

From the website:
2010 Production Ammo
Lot No. A436
Not Backed By Wolf Performance Guarantee!
100% NON CORROSIVE
7.62x39 MILITARY AMMO
FULL METAL JACKET
124 grain ammo
THIS AMMO IS MAGNETIC AND ALL RUSSIAN 7.62X39 IS MAGNETIC
MADE IN RUSSIA
L.C.B.= LEAD CORE BULLET
* 1000 ROUNDS

When it comes to Russian ammo these days I trust the words non corrosive like I trust the word government.

Unless its Golden Tiger. That's some damn good ammo!

When it comes to Russian ammo these days I trust the words non corrosive like I trust the word government.

Unless its Golden Tiger. That's some damn good ammo!

I know Tulammo 9x19 isn't corrosive. I shoot a decent amount of 7.62x54r commercial loads and surplus, so I know about greenish-blue cleaning patches. Tulammo does not produce the same results with cleaning patches as corrosive, milsurp ammo.

Wolf? No idea.

There are a few corrosive rounds mixed here and there in boxes of new production Tula 7.62x39 and 5.45x39, and older Wolf 7.62x39. I've scrubbed enough orange frost out of AK barrels to know for sure. It comes from old corrosive primers still being used in the ammo manufacturing plants. Not all batches have them, just a few here and there. Both Tula and Wolf use the same components.

Brown Bear and Silver Bear 7.62x54r is also known to contain corrosive primers. Not sure on Tula 7.62x54r because I haven't shot much of it since I had a few primers pop while shooting it and was glad I only bought 2 boxes. It was garbage to say the least.

Just picked up a case of this. Was told it was Wolf, but short of the head stamp, there is no wolf marking anywhere on the boxes or case. And the lot number is different from the one listed above. Looks great otherwise. I'll report back when I get a chance to fire some.

There are a few corrosive rounds mixed here and there in boxes of new production Tula 7.62x39 and 5.45x39, and older Wolf 7.62x39. I've scrubbed enough orange frost out of AK barrels to know for sure. It comes from old corrosive primers still being used in the ammo manufacturing plants. Not all batches have them, just a few here and there. Both Tula and Wolf use the same components.

Brown Bear and Silver Bear 7.62x54r is also known to contain corrosive primers. Not sure on Tula 7.62x54r because I haven't shot much of it since I had a few primers pop while shooting it and was glad I only bought 2 boxes. It was garbage to say the least.

Yeah I'm wondering if I got some corrosive batches of Brown Bear ammo last year. This was a picture of my gas piston from my Norinco SKS last year after shooting at least 500 rounds of Brown Bear without cleaning - which may have been the problem haha.

I don't have much experience with Wolf or Tula as I've only shot Brown Bear and Golden Tiger through my SKS and AK.

View attachment 96178

This is why I try to stick to Golden Tiger when I can. It's harder to come by but the price isn't that much different.

-Mike

This is why I try to stick to Golden Tiger when I can. It's harder to come by but the price isn't that much different.

-Mike

Collectable Arms was stocked with them a few weeks ago. $250 for 1,000 round case. Might have to grab another case. I have to shoot more Golden Tiger before I can confidently say it's not corrosive either. Currently I've only shot about 200 rounds or so. The only thing I don't like about GT ammo is that purple sealant gets everywhere in the receiver and trigger after shooting. But maybe it's just more noticeable because it's purple rather than black fouling.

Last edited:
Collectable Arms was stocked with them a few weeks ago. $250 for 1,000 round case. Might have to grab another case. I have to shoot more Golden Tiger before I can confidently say it's not corrosive either. Currently I've only shot about 200 rounds or so. The only thing I don't like about GT ammo is that purple sealant gets everywhere in the receiver and trigger after shooting. But maybe it's just more noticeable because it's purple rather than black fouling.

As of last night Collectable was out of the 1000rd cases of 7.62x39 so if you plan going soon I'd give them a call first.

As of last night Collectable was out of the 1000rd cases of 7.62x39 so if you plan going soon I'd give them a call first.

Wow that stinks. Everyone must be buying up the commie ammo because of the Ukraine crap. Thanks for the heads up.

happy to help, iirc there was 1 GT case of 5.45 and 1 1080 spam can of surplus 5.45, there was some loose 20rd boxes of GT 7.62x39 but the price is a bit higher per rd for those, and they were down to the paper pouches of 7.62x54r no spam cans but they were expecting more. They did have a bunch of Tula 9mm and .223, and other cases of .223 and 5.56.

happy to help, iirc there was 1 GT case of 5.45 and 1 1080 spam can of surplus 5.45, there was some loose 20rd boxes of GT 7.62x39 but the price is a bit higher per rd for those, and they were down to the paper pouches of 7.62x54r no spam cans but they were expecting more. They did have a bunch of Tula 9mm and .223, and other cases of .223 and 5.56.

And no more spam cans either?! They always seem to have loads of those in stock. But they'll probably get more sometime soon as you said. I really got to stop buying ammo. I've got 3.5 spam cans of x54r and about 2,200 rounds of x39 (brown bear and golden tiger) that should be enough for a little while.

Back
Top Bottom