Would you pay $900 for a rear BUIS?

I don't know if I am the only one that thinks this is a little expensive but $900 for 1 BUIS is just crazy.

MATECH AR-15/M16 USGI BACKUP IRON SIGHT

Current U.S. Army standard-issue backup rear sight for M4 carbines and M16A4 rifles flips up instantly at the touch of your thumb when primary sight fails or tactical situation makes iron sights preferable. Designed in conjunction with Picatinny Arsenal engineering staff and rigorously tested at Fort Benning and Aberdeen Proving Ground for robustness, ease of use, and effective targeting out to 600 meters. Detent-locking lever lets you quickly switch to one of eight range settings: 200, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500, 550, and 600 meters. Adjust windage easily with grooved, A2-style windage knob and position markers on the back of the sight for repeatability of settings. Bright, white, laser etched numbers and markers are clearly visible even in low light. Rugged machined steel construction ensures sight retains zero even under heavy, full-auto fire. Clamps securely to the rearmost slot of MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny or Weaver-style accessory rail on flattop receiver via simple but strong locking bar and bolt. Rounded corners and beveled edges further reduce danger of snagging on other gear when sight post is down. Regulates correctly with A2 front sight on any AR-15-style rifle or carbine; instructions included for adjusting front sight post height to set exact zero. Designed to co-witness with most non-magnifying optical sights. SPECS: Steel, matte black finish.

I've never seen half the crap I hear posted that the military has as standard issue, for standard use, issued out, etc, etc. Our BUIS is the carry handle last time I checked. Granted we get more crap before deploy, but still... I see that as something Marines would break.

Mike

I have one of those MATech sights - I'd be willing to let it go for, say, half of their price!!

Wait, it's used! I'll drop my price to $300!! It's a deal!! It's even rarer than their MATechs, it's the only one ever owned by me!! It comes highly recommended by it's owner!! It's new, it's improved, it never needs ironing!

[rofl]

It's not a terrible BUIS, but at $899 somebody needs to check their dosage - again.

Hah, must have been a typo. That site actually has some really good prices though. I just bought a Aimpoint CompM4 for $600 off them. Free shipping and no tax too. I don't think I could have made out better.

I've never seen half the crap I hear posted that the military has as standard issue, for standard use, issued out, etc, etc. Our BUIS is the carry handle last time I checked. Granted we get more crap before deploy, but still... I see that as something Marines would break.

Mike

Yup, I never even heard of a BUIS until I got off active duty, came back to MA, and joined NES. Our backup sight was the armory chief saying "if you break your ACOG I'm taking it out of your pay."

On another note it isn't 0-2 is it? That is probably the only time you would "need" a back up sight, and I'd much rather be using 0-2 for backup at close range.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom