WOW Midway Range Bag

Holy shit is this thing huge!

It just showed up today... I bought the normal size (not the compact one) because the price increase was marginal and it appeared to have many more features... but this thing is monstrous! For 40 dollars I was very surprised... there are a dozen pockets and compartments, two separate padded pistol cases, a brass bag, a removable handled tote within the bag, etc etc etc... all appears very tough and good quality. Highly recommended...

It's almost a little too large but I am sure the space will eventually all be utilized.

Here it is:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=259680

I have that bag...actually went to the range today with it...the biggest problem with it is that it holds TOO MUCH....thing weighs a TON!!!! LOL...but it does fit everything...I had about 500 rounds of .45 and .40 in it...plus 2 sets of earmuffs, 4 sets of eye protection, cleaning kit, and 7 mags loaded....so it was pretty damn heavy....but again it holds EVERYTHING...I use a locking case for my guns....otherwise it would be way too heavy...Very well constructed and great bag!!!!

I have one and love it. I'm thinking about picking up the compact one next time they go on sale. The full size is great for range trips with a bunch of guns. For shooting IDPA/USPSA matches, the whole bag is way too big, but the pull out tote part isn't quite big enough.

the only thing that bothers me: the bag is not easily "lockable" to meet MA legal standards for firearms transport.

Exactly why I put EVERYTHING Else in it and use a seperate locking case for my handguns....
I picked up a Mizzuni case with combination lock that holds 4-6 handguns depending on the sizes of them...opens both top and bottom got it on ebay last year.

I run a trigger lock through it's main zipper handle and through another part of the bag (I forget where) and it keeps the main flap 'locked' and keeps you from removing a pistol. So... you may be able to easily access it by cutting it apart, but I think it's still techinically 'locked.'

or do as scottmac019 or put your pistols in lockable containers IN the bag.

Yes I noticed it isn't traditionally "lockable" persay but there are various ways I can forsee locking some compartments or even the main compartment with a padlock through zippers to meet legality. Or like was said there are small lockable containers that could be carried separately or put INTO the bag because it's so big...

I just ordered this range bag and other goodies. Thanks for the recommendations!
No problem. You won't be disappointed.

I am new to shooting so I just went with the one large bag... but I would venture to say that if you're an avid shooter, it would be worth it to buy one compact version and one full size version. That's 67 bucks for two high quality bags... From what I've seen that's less than a single high-dollar brand name bag.

It is a great bag for the price. It replaced the bag I bought at Four Seasons 5 years ago that was half the size and twice the price. [thinking]

ive also got both. i use the small bag for my highpower gear (small misc stuff for now, will be retired when i get my schneller cart), and the large one for trips to the range.

it does indeed hold a lot, but i will say, it is NOT holding up well. so far, the brass bag's clasp has snapped, the strap is coming apart, the velcro on the handle has torn/come apart, and the nylon strapping around the D ring is starting to peel back.

did i get $40 worth of use out of it? sure....but i will say, do NOT load this bag heavy. it simply wont take the abuse.

ive also got both. i use the small bag for my highpower gear (small misc stuff for now, will be retired when i get my schneller cart), and the large one for trips to the range.

it does indeed hold a lot, but i will say, it is NOT holding up well. so far, the brass bag's clasp has snapped, the strap is coming apart, the velcro on the handle has torn/come apart, and the nylon strapping around the D ring is starting to peel back.

did i get $40 worth of use out of it? sure....but i will say, do NOT load this bag heavy. it simply wont take the abuse.
That is disappointing to hear, but I am glad you feel you got your money's worth. And thanks for the input.

Might I ask how long you used it in 'normal use' before you had these issues?

Those look like nice bags. I've just been using one maybe around the same size as the compact version, but it's "American Traveler" or something. Walmart, $7.

Back
Top Bottom