Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
I received this email today.

Yipes, it's October already! And our October CMP match is this Sunday,
the 23rd. It's on the schedule as an 80-shot match. We did this when
it was summer and the days were long. If things go quickly, we'll try
to get all 80 shots in. It might turn into a 50-shot match if we run
out of daylight. But come prepared for 80 (plus sighters).

10:00 first shot if all goes well, so registration and squadding
at 9:15. Cost: $15.

Hope to see you all there. Maybe the last outdoor match of the season!

-Randy

http://members.aol.com/wsa1933/home.htm

Who's gonna be there?

That is the club I belong to and is about 1.5 miles away from my house.

Adam

Adam_MA said:
Who's gonna be there?

Adam

I'm definately in. Shot my "new" AR for the first time last Sunday and am itching to put some more rounds through it.

Steve

They don't know if they can get all 80 shots in before dark?? Do they take a two hour lunchbreak or something? :D

Cledus J. Crabb said:
Man........
I wish I had a little more time to get ready......
My upper arrived today.....
CJC

It's only a 200 yard reduced match. It would actually be good for you to shoot it if you can. That will make 4 of us.

Cledus J. Crabb said:
Man........
I wish I had a little more time to get ready......
My upper arrived today.....
CJC

C'mon Scott! Winters just about here. You don't want to wait 'til spring to try that new upper out do you?

Steve

+1 on shooting sooner rather than later...

Cledus... just go out and shoot the thing.... just not at the post office!

Will try to make the match, but might have a prior commitment...we'll see.

Jon

No.........I can't wait.........even though we'll start our Winter matches at OCSA in November, I'd still like to get out there and get going. I know 200 yd offhand pretty well.
What the Hell.........I might as well jump in and try to make it. I'd like to think I spent all this dough for sumthin'!

NS... Ozman and (maybe) I will be there on Sat... Bring lots of ammo... and a bottle champagne to christen her after the match... win or no...

Jon

Wish I could make it, but I have way too many things going on this weekend.

If all goes right I hope to get to the Pumpkin Match at Reading Nov. 5th. It's the end of highpower season but it's just 50 rnds. and a good match to get aquainted with OTC.

This is a CMP match, right? Think that they'd have an M1 on hand that I could use? Still need to get my CMP paperwork... I want an M1 next spring.

dwarven1 said:
This is a CMP match, right? Think that they'd have an M1 on hand that I could use? Still need to get my CMP paperwork... I want an M1 next spring.

I believe the club has a few AR15's for use. Email Randy with questions, he'll be more than happy to help you out.

[email protected]

Ozman said:
Adam_MA said:
Who's gonna be there?

Adam

I'm definately in. Shot my "new" AR for the first time last Sunday and am itching to put some more rounds through it.

Steve

Hey Steve, just remember CMP ain't IDPA:

--no double taps
--no shooting on the move
--no tactical reloads
--and no yelling "Cover!"

I am sure you will do just fine.

Good luck!

Cool... I think they are saying the thing about dark, because usually when I drive by when there is a big match going on, the parking lot is packed full. I guess maybe they are thinking that they will have so many shooters that it will take a while to get through everyone?

I have to help my girlfriends father move some stuff at noon, but I should be able to make it over for an hour or so before that to cheer my NES brothers on.

Adam

Cross-X said:
Hey Steve, just remember CMP ain't IDPA:

--no double taps
--no shooting on the move
--no tactical reloads
--and no yelling "Cover!"

Good luck!

No running around with a loaded AR? Where's the fun in that? Next you're going to tell me the targets don't look like OBL.

Well, at least I get to use my new 30 round magazines. Right? ;)

I actually shot my first match last weekend at Hopkinton, the day after the Riverside IDPA "Floodfest". I'd taken the CMP class before that. Definately a different world from the fast pace of IDPA, but enjoyable in its own right. (Now that was a great weekend: Pistols on Saturday, Rifles on Sunday. I love this country)

Steve

Mailmanx said:
Sorry... only 10 round mags so you don't let the mag touch the ground in the Prone..... Sorry to dissappoint...

Jon

Yeah, I was just jokin'!

I went by Four Seasons last night to get some properly sized exrta magazines. thanks again for loaning me a few last week!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom