• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WSJ - Gun Trafficking Surges Across State Lines: One Pistol’s 1,200-Mile Journey to a Boston Homicide

For the time period he's talking about that wasn't completely insane of an obstacle. Now? 7 kids on 2 incomes = blow ya brains out.
What if only the Uncle had income? Back in those days, the wife stayed home. That 1 income had to be yuuuuge. Had to be high 5-figures

Sure.....and if they permanently lock up the gang bangers up here there wouldn't be any criminals bringing in firearms for their criminal activity.

So damn frustrating we have a faction in this country that simply refuses to hold the criminal factions accountable.

At some point in time, that frustrating problem is going to be resolved permanently. There's at least ten million people waiting for the opportunity to off them in the streets and that point in time is rapidly approaching.

Your aunt and uncle werent middle/lower class if they could raise 7 kids on 2 incomes.

Yes, they were. Damn. Everyone thinks that it's been 2022 forever and having 7 kids means buying 9 new $1,000 iPhones every 2 years and having 3 vehicles and an 8br house.

I recall the kids up the street from my grandmother when I was a boy. Something Irish. Go figure. LOL. I think they had 8 kids. He was some sort of construction worker. Blue collar for sure. She stayed home to TAKE CARE OF EIGHT KIDS.

The oldest was just out of HS when the dad dropped dead. Inside a year or two, mom died as well. The oldest 2 ended up basically raising the youngest in that house for several years.

They did just fine for one blue-collar income and 8 kids. They didn't go on vacations to Spain. They didn't have 2 cars. They didn't have 6 TV's. They put food on the table and raised 8 kids. It IS possible - even today.

Here's the house on Elmer Rd in Dot. Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 11.06.22 AM.png

Yes, they were. Damn. Everyone thinks that it's been 2022 forever and having 7 kids means buying 9 new $1,000 iPhones every 2 years and having 3 vehicles and an 8br house.

I recall the kids up the street from my grandmother when I was a boy. Something Irish. Go figure. LOL. I think they had 8 kids. He was some sort of construction worker. Blue collar for sure. She stayed home to TAKE CARE OF EIGHT KIDS.

The oldest was just out of HS when the dad dropped dead. Inside a year or two, mom died as well. The oldest 2 ended up basically raising the youngest in that house for several years.

They did just fine for one blue-collar income and 8 kids. They didn't go on vacations to Spain. They didn't have 2 cars. They didn't have 6 TV's. They put food on the table and raised 8 kids. It IS possible - even today.

Here's the house on Elmer Rd in Dot.View attachment 647773
This.

My dad's best friend was one of 13 (something something Irish, something something '50s). Single income family - dad was a former Marine, turned LEO, eventually COP in the town; mom stayed home.

Wage stagnation since the 80s has a lot of us forgetting that "middle class" used to include home ownership, and a couple kids, often with a single, blue-collar income. Granted, back then one's competition with the Joneses might have been one or two cars, and B&W or color TV...

What if only the Uncle had income? Back in those days, the wife stayed home. That 1 income had to be yuuuuge. Had to be high 5-figures

You're forgetting the fact that before the 2000s, most families didnt shower their kids in trash, gifts and overpriced disney vacations because that f***ing child fetish ferrari syndrome in this country hadn't gone full retard yet. For a family unit that saves them a lot of money. Also peoples lives werent replete with subscription based faggotry. The idea of a $200 cable bill or a $200 cell phone bill was considered retarded and nobody would do that. (cell phones didnt even exist for most of that time, which helped) Also vices cost a lot less, like a carton of NH cigarettes wasnt $50 back then, either. There werent 6 TV sets in a house maybe 3, 2 of which were old shitty barely working TVs. And one of them wasnt even hooked up to an antenna, it was just around so kids could play atari or NES or some shit. (when that stuff came around).

People were a lot less faggoty about spending money on inane shit then and more concerned with family basics rather than optics.

People with families like that ate out minimally. "Taking the kids to mcdonalds, friendlies or whatever" was a treat, not a 2-3 week occurrence or even a weekly one.

Also another fun thing, when kids basically got old enough THEY f***ING WENT TO WORK during the summer. These days there are f***ing kids going to college that never even sniffed a job as a teenager. Not all that long ago teenagers used to help support a household. Even if the parents didnt make them pay rent they would babysit their siblings so that mom could go work on the weekend or something.

Also.... LESS FAMILIES WERE BROKEN. This ensured that extended support systems for children stayed intact. More kids had grandparents, aunts, uncles etc in their life. these people helped out with child care and meals etc. A lot of these systems were reciprocated. This sort of "communal inter family thing" reduced the burdens on all the parents
involved. Nowadays that kind of shit doesnt happen nearly as often because 50% of the population are fags and estranged from half their extended families.

Back when car seats were strictly for infants, anyone who could walk didnt wear a seat belt, and parents could leave their kids in the car with the motor running and a lit cig in the
ashtray, life was a lot simpler, and cheaper.

You can still have it all. We just want our toys too. Buy a home in a city. Get rid of one car. Or two. Lol. No smartphones. No cable. Minimal computers. One TV.

I’m going to play devils advocate here and say something unpopular. As much as I hate the LTC system and will celebrate when MA goes to constitutional carry…would you agree that the requirement for an LTC has virtually eliminated straw purchases in MA?

It’s just hard to imagine one of these desperate people going through the process just so they can be a straw. And it’s equally hard to imagine someone who likes guns enough to wait months for an LTC to risk it by buying guns for a criminal.

I’m not trying to be overly provocative- I just want someone to show me the error in my logic.

You sure stepped in a pile of shit with that one.

But I'd say a person in MA who can buy guns is the tip of the iceberg, versus other non-infringing places. So sure, any average Joe minus a prohibiting record can buy a gun in other places and that limits the scope of the morons to exploit. It really doesn't mean anything.

This I find interesting, if it's true anyway. I always assumed a black/grey market gun was worth quite a bit more. Granted the straw buyers at the bottom of the pyramid scheme probably made 50 bucks.

Guns trafficked into cities like Boston can be sold for twice the purchase price. In one recent case, a $500 gun bought in Alabama was sold for $1,300 in Chicago before it was used in a homicide there, according to federal authorities.

Your aunt and uncle werent middle/lower class if they could raise 7 kids on 2 incomes.
1 income, Uncle Tom was a Mailman and worked a 2nd job cleaning Harvard. There was a couple down the street that had 18 kids and I'm not kidding. Daddy worked and obviously Mom stayed home. Different times, kids wore hand me downs, bikes were handed down and kids went to school at the Parish Catholic School.

I wasn't around then and it seems like you might have been, pleaew forgive me if you were not, but where were the black people before they were bused into the cities? Was the crime level similar to what the urban neighborhoods are now in those areas?
WWII started a great migration North for Negroes (that's what Blacks were called then or colored) from the South to industrial cities in the North for factory jobs and to escape the overt racism in the South. Most Northern cities were divided up into ethnic neighborhoods because folks tended to want to live among their own kind, ethnic groups.

1 income, Uncle Tom was a Mailman and worked a 2nd job cleaning Harvard. There was a couple down the street that had 18 kids and I'm not kidding. Daddy worked and obviously Mom stayed home. Different times, kids wore hand me downs, bikes were handed down and kids went to school at the Parish Catholic School.

Hammy. HAMMY! H-A-M-M-Y.

They're not hand-me-downs, they are Hammy-downs. Invented by Mr. Hammy. ;)

My brother was 6 years older than me. Sister is 6 years younger. We never had in-family Hammy's.

That's crazy. What's a mail carrier make today? Probably less than $70k. A janitorial position probably $40k or $70k if they were also the handyman.

Mailmales make 70-100K depending on area and seniority. It's still tough to make it work. But as I've already said, it's the choices you make.

In 1975, you didn't HAVE the same choices. A happening vacation was a cheap cottage near teh beach on Cape Cod or a cheap cottage in the Lakes Region. Mom and dad sat on the beach and baked all day for a week. One night would be some sort of arcade night. 2 nights of ice cream. A movie night. Rest of them sitting around teh kitchen table playing Scrabble or Monopoly (or Sette Mez if you're summering with my Irish grandfather. Why my Irish grandfather was playing an Italian game, I'll never know.)

You could afford one TV. And if it broke, it could be fixed for pennies on the dollar of a new one. (Thankfully). You owned one car. You had 2 phones. A wall phone in the kitchen and one on the nightstand in Dad's BR. (Unless your house is REALLY old - then your extension is in the upstairs hallway.)

Television was free. FREE! You didn't have a cable bill or a internet bill or anything like that.

It's hard to imagine, but we made due back then. My folks were middle-to-upper-middle class. But both grew up poor-to-lower-middle class. Hence we probably HAD money to do things but still didn't do them. LOL

My dad used his signing bonus in 1979 to buy us an above ground pool. I thought it was millions of dollars. It was probably $400. LOL. He likely had it in the bank anyhow. But it was the principal of the thing.

Back
Top Bottom