WW II M1 Carbine .30 Cal.

Can I get one in, or shipped to MA?
the only thing that seems to make me wonder, is that most have the Bayonet lug attached.
I just like the look, and history.
They do seem pricey though for ones in good condition.

Thanks, Mike

They are decidedly preban though aren't they? ;-) it would be legal but ask your ffl and make sure he's cool with it... If you find a good deal on one let me know... ;-) lol

Mike B&K sales in natick had 2 listed for ok prices a while back. Also pack and postal in Lancaster ma. If you can get in there when he is there I'm sure he will have something. With the increase in interest of cmp games like vintage rifle and the carbine class growing M1 carbines are staying or slightly rising in price. If your looking for a shooter import stamp ones go for a little less.
As for legal yes....will any and all sellers ship it to mass. No. I had a hell of a time finding a dealer who would ship it for a seller out of state. Finally found one who at least new the federal laws and enough about mass laws to know the M1!carbine is not anxasult weapon by definition unless its a paratrooper model...but then it don't matter its pre ban.

Also mike there are many that pop up on the CMP forums and generally are priced right and sell fast.

Last edited:
Considering per Guns and Ammo TV that more carbines were produced than Garands you would think there would be a few more around. Might make a nice compact little home defense gun. I do wonder if there is old surplus ammo for them...

Considering per Guns and Ammo TV that more carbines were produced than Garands you would think there would be a few more around. Might make a nice compact little home defense gun. I do wonder if there is old surplus ammo for them...

Not a lot of cheap milsurp around any more. Best is to buy components and reload. 30 carb is not cheap any more.

You have to understand many of them are not in this country,and with the help of obumer they never will be.

Last edited:
You have to understand many of them are not in this country,and with the help of obumer they never will be.

This^

South Korea is sitting on a shitload of them, which they don't use anymore.
Technically they're still property of the US taxpayers because they were "loaned" on a lend-lease program.
But King Barry blocked their return to US soil because they're dangerous assault weapons and us mere peons can't be trusted with them.

Lets not forget the million and half + to the south East Asian games of the 1960s. My first job in country was re-issuing containers of M1 and M2 carbines into the great crack of Asia never to be seen again.

Because so many drive-by shootings and mass shooting sprees are done with WWII M1 carbines. [hmmm]

Definitely get your hands on one OP. Like any other milsurp they will dry up eventually.

Carbines are sexxxy rifles, 11/10 would operate in Southeast Asia with. Also would slice off OP's left nut with my Leatherman MUT EOD to get my hands on an M2.

Crap, I thought I was over my Carbine lust and now this thread just made it worse [sad]

I just picked up my first one today.
I bought it off a nice gentleman from NES.
I took it to the range right away as usual, first shot fired flawless.
After that I could not get it to fire.
The bullet would not feed into the Breach, They seemed to slide in at a crooked angle and did not feed in straight. Hopefully a good cleaning takes care of all of these issues.
Now off to YouTube to find out how to clean my new rifle
Any comments/recommendations hopefully and willingly accepted
Thanks, Mike

Nice rifle good luck.

I found the problem
the extractor is missing a spring. I have to try and find one on line.

I found a place to order repair parts. Now to learn how to take it apart and rebuild.
It seems a little tougher than an AR for servicing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom