WWB in storage

I have a fair amount of Winchester White Box ammo in storage. Well over 1000 rounds each of .45ACP, .40S&W, and 9mm. I bought it back when it was reasonably priced. Lately, since I started reloading, I've been thinking of selling it. Are there any MA laws that prohibit this? Should I just hold on to it? My guess is that it's like money in the bank and will only appreciate in value.

You are not allowed to sell it and must immediately transfer it to me free of charge [smile]

Seriously though, you can definitely sell it. I've bought ammo from people here before.

Or you can sell it to a out-of-state resident, but you need to bring it to them.

Please, please, guys. You're going to get me in trouble. This is not a solicitation to buy! I was checking into the legality and getting opinions on, well, you know, should I "save it for a rainy day". If I do decide to sell, I will post an appropriate WTS in the classified section.

Ahhh, we are not getting you in trouble - we're just trying to help you make up your mind!

[grin]

There is no provision in mass law for the sale of ammunition or components without a license to sell ammunition. (this is what I have been told)

So technically you are not allowed to sell ammunition in Massachusetts.

However, everyone does it, so if you are going to sell it for a cheap price let me know...[smile]

If you are going to sell it - put me on your list of potential buyers.

You should look at the prices of ammo - I just went to Walmart over the weekend and a 100 count box of WWB .40 is up to $26.85 - it was something like 21 the last time I bought some.

I believe the 9mm has gone up comparably. All the financial sites I read say we are heading into a recession - when prices may go down (but certain things like ammo may not depending on the demand for the commodities that make them up - lead, copper, brass, etc)

After the recession is over - the general feeling seems to be we will get inflation - maybe bad inflation. Ammo stores for a long time if you do it properly. If the economy goes into high inflation your ammo will be worth even more than it is now. If you still shoot those calibers I would hold onto it. I am stocking up - knowing that the prices are only going higher.

Please, please, guys. You're going to get me in trouble. This is not a solicitation to buy! I was checking into the legality and getting opinions on, well, you know, should I "save it for a rainy day". If I do decide to sell, I will post an appropriate WTS in the classified section.

So does this mean your GIVING IT ALL AWAY...woohoo. I'll PM you and we'll get this thing going.

[party]

[wink] Just kidding. Should be good to sell if you ever needed to. My advice would be to hold on to it. YOu never know if you'll buy a gun in those calibers later on in life.

You could give it to me and I'll hold it.You need not clutter up your room with that stuff.That the type of guy I am[grin].If need be I'll get rid of it at the range,one at a time[rofl][laugh2]

I have a fair amount of Winchester White Box ammo in storage. Well over 1000 rounds each of .45ACP, .40S&W, and 9mm. I bought it back when it was reasonably priced. Lately, since I started reloading, I've been thinking of selling it. Are there any MA laws that prohibit this? Should I just hold on to it? My guess is that it's like money in the bank and will only appreciate in value.

If you'd like I could remove the bullets, powder, and render the primers useless for you then return the spent brass![smile]

Seriously, save it for a dark and stormy day, ammo isn't going down in price any time soon.

Are you kidding me. Save it for goodness sake. It might as well be Gold.

And it's going to be worth even more in a week.

Ammo prices are about to go up another 10% by the end of this month.

[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom