• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

XL mags

Laura

NES Member
I loaded my mags and just set it aside to loosen the spring tension. Today, I removed the bullets and one of the mags appears to have broken. This has never happened with my other guns. Is this just a weakness with Sig mags or just a fluke?

Attachments

• XL mag 2.jpg
    XL mag 2.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 49
  • XL mag.jpg
    XL mag.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 49
Actually broken or just a follower that kind of got stuck?

I think the follower got stuck for me once in a p365 mag.

Somehow, I managed to get a finger into the mag and pushed down. It actually jumped up back into place. I've never had this happen to a mag and I'm wondering if this going to happen again at the range. For something as expensive as Sig mags, I expected better. Never happened with my Glocks or Berettas...

Happened to me on several different mags multiple times. A thwack of the baspad into palm almost always fixes it. Follower just snags. Never happened while shooting likely because recoil bounced the snag free.

Happened to me on several different mags multiple times. A thwack of the baspad into palm almost always fixes it. Follower just snags. Never happened while shooting likely because recoil bounced the snag free.
Scary.....

Scary.....
I promise, I'm not being obstinate here, sincerely trying to help. Old GI AR mags (without an anti-tilt follower) and some 1911 mags to do this a lot because the follower can tilt in the 'sleeve' of the magazine. Other mags can do it too, though less often and less 'sticky' when they do. (Including Beretta 92 mags).

It's annoying but it has never (on a pistol) mag been an issue for me when actually firing the gun in many thousands of rounds. I'm hoping to re-assure you that it's not a likely 'in an emergency' problem unless you're loading a mag in said emergency and, even then, rare. Basically I'm trying to say "This happens" do what you did and poke the follower with a finger or stick or, absent said stick, just hold the mag in hand and smack it into the palm of your hand to bounce the follower free.

Call Sig Customer service see what they can / will do for you. Kind of hit or miss with them. I got P238 from which had a known issue with a mag release. Sig wouldn't do anything for it.

I showed pictures to the design engineer and he flipped out. I thought we fix all those parts. He call the customer service guys manager to get some help. I WAS WORKING FOR SIG at that time. The gun was an employee purchase piece.

Call Sig Customer service see what they can / will do for you. Kind of hit or miss with them. I got P238 from which had a known issue with a mag release. Sig wouldn't do anything for it.

I showed pictures to the design engineer and he flipped out. I thought we fix all those parts. He call the customer service guys manager to get some help. I WAS WORKING FOR SIG at that time. The gun was an employee purchase piece.
I kind of doubt that they'd do anything. It's not a gun issue, it's a mag issue...and apparently common. They would probably tell me the same and suggest I get a new one.

I just bought my girl the P365 Rose Edition and the mags were stiff as all hell. The first 5 rounds load fine but then had to basically force the spring down on both mags to be able to fill them. The follower basically got stuck half way causing the issue. Quick slap on the mag and all good. Went and shot it for the first time today and no issues. It's fairly common on the newer magazines but eases over time.

My sig mags are tight as hell also. Difficult to load all the way without a loader. Probably will ease up after some use. As to OPs problem, I’ve had mags do that if pushed in at an uneven angle. Not something that would happen from shooting.

Back
Top Bottom