XS big dot and standard dot sights?

Looking into new sights for the Shield and XS sights seem to be a good way to go. I am bothered a bit by the fact the XS sights for the Glocks have a trintium rear sight as well as a trintium rear sight and the one for the Shield is trintium on the front sight only. I wish I could figure out why...
Any other good options come to mind? Any first hand experience on the big dot vs. The standard dot. Opinions??

I have (had) them on my glock 19. Was not impressed from my first range trip. Switching them out this weekend. Highly suggest the ICE Claw Sight or the Dawson Precision Charger series sights (I am going with the Dawson, have them on my Glock 34, awesome!).

I like mine on G23. guess I'm weird. I shot them at hora dolor and the steel didn't complain. lol

Yeah. I'm definitely not going to say they are awesome go get some. acquired taste, and definitely not as precision as a notch post setup. I just like them

I changed my Shield sights out for AmeriGlo night sights, standard 3 dot with the orange front sight. You get the typical night sight picture and a great daytime picture with the orange front sight.

For those that think they aren't accurate, this was 50 feet yesterday. I can do better with notch and post, but I think this is respectable from a 'combat' marketed sight.

I need to drift rear sight a tiny bit though.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383922913010.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383922913010.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 41
Haven't used them, but they aren't supposed to be bullseye sites. They are supposed to excel in helping you find/line up your sites quickly in a "combat" situation.

I have XS big dot sights on my M&P 9c and I absolutely love them. I suppose they are an acquired taste, but they work very well for me. Took some time to get used to them sure, but I will be buying them for my Glock 22 when those night sights go dry. Between the sights on the M&P 9c and a Greg Derr trigger job, I blast clays at 15-20+ yards with relative ease compared to my Glocks. It is definitely my most accurate handgun. Sucks that the rear sight isn't tritium for the M&P though, I can understand why that would make up somebody's mind right there...

Last edited:
I tried a big dot and I hated it, so I had it it changed out.

Personally, I've gone to a tritium front sight and all black rear sight. Dots of any kind on the rear sight don't work for me. I want my focus to be drawn towards the front sight, not the rear.

I tried a big dot and I hated it, so I had it it changed out.

Personally, I've gone to a tritium front sight and all black rear sight. Dots of any kind on the rear sight don't work for me. I want my focus to be drawn towards the front sight, not the rear.

I have an XS small dot up front with an Elliason plain black serrated blade sight in the rear on a 1911 and I think it's perfect, on that gun anyway. The XS small dot has tritium with a more reasonably sized white plastic bezel around it. Covers both bases without being too big.

I have an XS small dot up front with an Elliason plain black serrated blade sight in the rear on a 1911 and I think it's perfect, on that gun anyway. The XS small dot has tritium with a more reasonably sized white plastic bezel around it. Covers both bases without being too big.

That is similar to the setup that I tried -- an XS big dot up front with an all black Heinie Slant Pro in back. I found that because of the rounded top of the front sight, I could not accurately align the top of the front sight with the top of the rear sight. As a result, I end up stringing the shots vertically and not getting the accuracy that I wanted. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom